Is The 7 Page Rune Bundle Worth It.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Camp As A Champ

01-24-2013

My friend got me a $25 card for my birthday and I don't know what to do with it. Any help or other things to buy with RP would be great.

iDpark

01-24-2013

It's best for your ip, But im not a huge fan.
You can't play rune pages.
Unless you've bought most champions, don't buy rune pages.

Remember, skins can only be bought with RP.
6300ip champions on sale?, buy them.

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Well, you get 7 Rune Pages for the price of ~4.5 if you buy them individually. You basically get 2.5 Rune Pages for free. Seems like a decent deal to me.

As for whether you should use it for the Rune Page bundle over other things, then I'd say it depends on what you already have. If you're content with your current pool of champions, AND if you have enough champions and runes to where you feel like you don't have enough pages, then go with the pages.

If you don't have as many champs as you would like, then I would start looking at the on-sale champs first, and pick out some that look interesting.

There's probably some balance of Rune Pages and Champions that you should have, but I couldn't define it off the top of my head.

One thing I would avoid is buying high priced champions. There are 2 sales each week of 3 champions each sale. Eventually, a champion that you want will come around, and you can save yourself some money.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Normally, I'd advocate saving RP for skins only, since anything else can be purchased with IP.

However, Rune pages have a massive IP cost, which limits purchases of champions and, more importantly, the runes you need to fill the pages.

The only exception I've ever made to my IP/RP purchase rules has been for rune pages - I've never used my RP for champions, boosts, or anything else other then skins(and rune pages). And I have to say, the rune pages have been some of the best purchases I've ever made.

So yes, they're definitely worth it. Two rune pages are not enough - nine aren't perfect either, but they'll massively increase your flexibility, and are infinitely better then two.

Cenerae

01-24-2013

If you have enough runes and champions to make proper use of the rune pages, it's a good deal.

Waste of cash if you can only use a couple of them though.

Sereg Anfaug

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
If you have enough runes and champions to make proper use of the rune pages, it's a good deal.

Waste of cash if you can only use a couple of them though.
Not at all. If you're spending money on the game, you can't buy runes anyway, and champions are generally better to buy with IP then RP, so rune pages are the best use of RP other then skins.

Even if you don't have the runes and champions yet, you'll still have the pages available when you do get them, and you'll be able to start customizing and trying different pages right away, rather then running every single champ off a basic AD or a basic AP page.

Oppress0r

01-24-2013

I've purchased a lot of RP in the past and if I could do it again I would only spend my RP on skins. Champions and rune pages can be bought with IP.

However, buying the 7 page bundle forces you to use more than a couple of standard pages and it is a good deal.

SeCKS Egai

01-24-2013

It's a deal, but I myself prefer to only spend RP on skins as skins can only be acquired through RP.

However, I've got 7 rune pages and I make use of all of them across my currently 43 champ roster.

Rune pages are quite nice if you need or can make use of them - but I'd invest that RP towards several skins or a legendary and a few others.

Pobbes

01-24-2013

yes