So, I Got my First "Player Permabanned"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

y2khippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

A couple of important points here.

1 - You should never post other players private Tribunal reviews in the public forums. Guilty or Not the Tribunal Hearings are a closed matter and are not to be aired in public like this ever.

2 - Just because you may have voted punish does not mean that an accused will get a perm ban. It is only a small thing cog in a long chain that leads to a player getting a temp suspension. An actual Perm Ban is from sustained unaceptable behaviour and repeated suspensions of increasing lenght. A Perm Ban can only be given directly from a Riot Games employee after a players file has reviewed and it is clear that the player has shown that he will not reform his behaviour to confirm to what the player standards of the community are.

On a personal note.
After reviewing over 2,000 tribunal reviews it is always a good feeling to participate in cleaning up the community. And this player was not that bad compared to what i have seen both in game personally and in Tribunal case reviews. Yes i would have concidred him punishable but there are so meny more out there.

Keep up the good work in working towards a better community.

mambawarrior0

01-24-2013

I feel awful knowing people that completely terrible exist in the community, and there are many more like the one I just got rid of.

At the same time, it feels great knowing you helped get rid of them.

Sort of balances it out.

Jasiwel

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post
Your statement is invalid. Fact Riot tried to reform punished players with the lvl 20 challenge. Fact, not a single person made it through the lvl 20 challenge it was a dismal failure. This leaves us with the distasteful duty of judging cases. Why is it bad to enjoy helping the LoL community? I think people who judge with no reward are the highest form of character. Doing a community service and they are due the gratifying feeling of knowing they are making a real difference. Which is what permabans do, make a real difference.
I think you misunderstood me. I do Tribunal stuff because I want to clear out toxicity from the community. However, that said, I'm never happy or feel good because someone is permabanned. It takes the stand point that it's sad someone is at such a toxic level to where they are permabanned. I agree that it is necessary and I agree that players that reach such a level of toxicity need a kick to help the community. I just wanted to clarify that I only resent how toxic one can be and that such measures as a permaban had to be taken to clean them out. I love that there is a Tribunal and that we have a way to fight toxicity on our own.

I never said it was bad to help the community. I only stated it was bad that players were ever so toxic in the first place and that I really wished there was a way to guide them before the permaban. I simply feel sympathetic and wish there could have been a way to improve their behavior, even if there is no realistic way to do so here. I'm not bashing the concept of the permaban or any Tribunal verdict, just stating how I don't "feel good" as a result of seeing someone permabanned. I honestly simply shake my head and move on to the next case.

Elf Elix

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabblez View Post
Holy **** that guy was toxic.
A lot of this^

Radkl

01-24-2013

That guy got a permaban? For what?... He didnt do that bad in any game. There's an ingame MUTE BUTTON.

Tribunal can be such a joke sometimes.

Fusrahdo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetuus View Post
That guy got a permaban? For what?... He didnt do that bad in any game. There's an ingame MUTE BUTTON.

Whut

Glichdot

01-25-2013

Quote:

Why is verbal abuse punishable if there is a mute button/language filter?

Players shouldn’t need to rely on features like the mute button or language filter to engage with other players in positive ways. When a player verbally abuses another player and forces him to use the mute button, they have already created a negative experience for that player.

Enterti

01-25-2013

Quote:

Nobody should have to feel the need to use the button.

Vansin

01-25-2013

Wow, trash talk in any other game gets a good player (he played very well in all his games) banned. Good for you. You deserve a pat on the back!