So, I Got my First "Player Permabanned"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mibani

01-24-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/case/6153425/

Feels so good! Did anyone else feel amazing after their first vote on a permaban?

meadow

01-24-2013

Feels good? Nope.

Feels right? Yes

Squabblez

01-24-2013

Holy **** that guy was toxic.

Great Pyrenees

01-24-2013

It felt good the first 61 times and it still feels good today.

Jasiwel

01-24-2013

I would never say it ever feels good to permanently ban anyone from the game if its a behavioral issue. Why? Because you know there are plenty of more out there can reach that point of toxicity in the first place. I'd rather not have anyone banned at all in the first place, but instead I'd rather have them reform to a better social state. It's simply concerning to know people get that way when they play the game and honestly the best you can do is hope they learn from the mistake to have a better gaming experience in the future for both themselves and others.

Great Pyrenees

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasiwel View Post
I would never say it ever feels good to permanently ban anyone from the game if its a behavioral issue. Why? Because you know there are plenty of more out there can reach that point of toxicity in the first place. I'd rather not have anyone banned at all in the first place, but instead I'd rather have them reform to a better social state. It's simply concerning to know people get that way when they play the game and honestly the best you can do is hope they learn from the mistake to have a better gaming experience in the future for both themselves and others.
Your statement is invalid. Fact Riot tried to reform punished players with the lvl 20 challenge. Fact, not a single person made it through the lvl 20 challenge it was a dismal failure. This leaves us with the distasteful duty of judging cases. Why is it bad to enjoy helping the LoL community? I think people who judge with no reward are the highest form of character. Doing a community service and they are due the gratifying feeling of knowing they are making a real difference. Which is what permabans do, make a real difference.

Keonyn

01-24-2013

Have no idea what that's like since I can't seem to get a shot at voting. I've been getting "Tribunal is in Recess" for 3 days straight.

kryptoniyte

01-24-2013

made my day

Enterti

01-24-2013

After 72 permabans reviewed I have to say I feel a little bit more disappointed in humanity with each one.

Kantala

01-24-2013

For me it depends on just how toxic they were proving to be in their case. I always feel good about improving the community. How effective it can be is a hot spot for debate, but at least I'm doing my part. I do feel disappointed each time I have to click the punish button, though.