Fiora Ult Cancled when Graves Smokescreens in a bush

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Just has a game at
11:42 PM Jan 24 2013 (Australian Eastern Time)

on Twisted Treeline

Bug: Fiora Ult fizzed out after activation on an enemy graves.

As it happened ( to my view)

1. Fiora engages nidalee and graves in bushes
2.Fiora ults graves
3. Graves puts smokescreen on ground ( in bushes)
4.nidalee leaves bushes and smokescreen aoe
5. graves leaves bushes and smokesreen AOE after being hit by the ult Once
6. Fiora's ult fizz's out leaving fiora in middle of smoke

Please Fix this bug, If any more info would be helpful (unfortunately was not running lol recorder at the time) let me know.

Thanks

Hadien

01-24-2013

I don't think its a bug. This has been known for quite some time (its documented on the wiki) and I have used it on the rare occasions a Fiora decides to ult near bushes. Just when you ult try to do it away from bushes and corners.

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

So... the ult fizzing out when people leave the players sight.. due in this case to smokescreen, is intended? that sounds odd as IIRC it still works properly during nocturne ultimate... through i guess in that case Fiora's vision acts as the guide for the ultimate.

Bah, so graves with smokescreen is another counter to fiora's ult? along with invisibility?

-Note-to-self- Test oracles on Fiora when aiming to ult on enemy invis champs, i wonder if it works.

Hm, Ult away from brush and corners? Do the corners inhibit Fiora's ultimate like smokescreen does?

Hadien

01-25-2013

corners block line of sight and thats what Fiora needs for her ult to function. if a champion walks around a corner, like the wall around the opponents base and theres no minions or wards revealing the other side of the wall then that champion can escape Fiora's Ult.

Khalahn

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRS View Post
So... the ult fizzing out when people leave the players sight.. due in this case to smokescreen, is intended? that sounds odd as IIRC it still works properly during nocturne ultimate... through i guess in that case Fiora's vision acts as the guide for the ultimate.

Bah, so graves with smokescreen is another counter to fiora's ult? along with invisibility?

-Note-to-self- Test oracles on Fiora when aiming to ult on enemy invis champs, i wonder if it works.

Hm, Ult away from brush and corners? Do the corners inhibit Fiora's ultimate like smokescreen does?
Anything that causes you to lose sight is a counter to Fiora's ult. The reason Smokescreen works is because you can't see enemies who simply walk out of the effect. Nocturne only REDUCES sight range, but does not negate it entirely. And yes, Oracles will make stealth champions cry.

Also, throw a ward at a bush before ulting next to it.

Dance

01-25-2013

They should make fiora's ult give vision of the target to make it more consistent, so many flaws in her ult makes her so terrible

Khalahn

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dance View Post
They should make fiora's ult give vision of the target to make it more consistent, so many flaws in her ult makes her so terrible
Or you could just use it smart instead of "hurr durr I'm gonna ult in a horrible position!"

EnvyDragon

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalahn View Post
Or you could just use it smart instead of "hurr durr I'm gonna ult in a horrible position!"
It's often NOT a horrible position. It just doesn't make sense intuitively for the counter to a champion's ultimate to be "step halfway into a bush."

Hadien

01-25-2013

Even if its not apparent, many ults can be countered. Kayle and Alistar are still vulnerable to tons of CC, Caitlyn's can be blocked, Ash and Ezreal's can be dodged...Darius and Cho'gath? tons of HP, shields, Zhonyas (with insane reflexes), Guardian Angel, or Kayle ult...it goes on.

Fiora makes her untargetable, which grants her Immunity to both damage (except DoTs applied before ulting) and CC. At the same time it allows her to deal out tons of pain. And I remember how out-of-control it got when you could stack Tiamats in season 2. I say its completely fair that such an ultimate can be countered, even if its not always apparent or easy to pull off.

YSRS

01-25-2013

Thanks for all the replies everyone!