Riot : improve your matchmaking : new choice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1b1ac1a18c7b4f6305ef8

01-24-2013

how many times have there been trolled game because of people not able to discuss or agree ?
Come on i can't immagine you haven't yet though of something to fix it...

here is the solution : a simple choice of what place you play

after clicking the big red PLAY, you can chose if you want to dominion or SR, you then can chose what kind of match you want : normal, ranked, draft or blind

=> ADD A NEW CHOICE TO DO :

l l Solo top
l l Jungler
l l Solo mid
l l AD carry
l l Support

you can start your game ONLY after the choice.

multiple choice or not ... depends on what you prefer : anyway we would have to chose
a role before starting.

then the matchmaking will lock you as your role

immagine you chose this

lxl Solo top => YOU
l l Jungler
l l Solo mid
l l AD carry
l l Support

then the matchmaking will chose 4 people with the other roles : 1 for each role

once in the game ... you will just have your place without any arguing, flaming , trolling ( or at least much much less than today )

if you want you can do a multiple choice ( it will probably let more problems happens in the selection btw )

lxl Solo top =>
l l Jungler
lxl Solo mid => you offer 3 roles you would like to play
lxl AD carry =>
l l Support

then the matchmaking will chose 4 other people where everyone can fit 1 role

maybe one will want supp adc and top, another who wants to sup/mid ,then you just discuss what wants what

Seriously Riot... you game is cool but those trolls are REALLY annoying ... fix it ... plz

SoresuMakashi

01-24-2013

Entrenching the metagame? Clogging up queues due to mismatches in role popularity?

No. No a thousand times.

Just out of interest, what did you intend to happen after a role has been chosen? Players are forced to play from a subset of champions that are arbitrarily defined as belonging to that role, or would all champions still be open at champ select?

SchierkeWiking

01-24-2013

"Oh boy, this queue for top is taking really long!, I'll guess I'll better mark support or jungler then.

*Gets into game*

Me top or me fed."

vortical42

01-24-2013

His basic idea is good, it's the implementation thats poor. I've thought about this before and I think it could be done. Rather than having 'meta' choices like solo top or adc, what you would need is two sets of selectors. One to pick which lanes you want to play (top, mid, bot, or jungle) and whether or not you want to play that lane solo. As for the idea that people would pick a lane they don't intend to play, I'm not sure why they would bother unless they were intentionally trolling. As long as the filters are optional, most people would simply leave everything selected unless they have their mind set on a specific role. At the very least it's no worse than what we have now.

Squabblez

01-24-2013

You know why this won't work? Because there's only 2 things people EVER want and that's top or mid.

vortical42

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squabblez View Post
You know why this won't work? Because there's only 2 things people EVER want and that's top or mid.
So how does that fact prevent this from working exactly? If somone wants to play top or mid that badly they will be willing to put up with the longer queue times. If they don't care which role they play, then they will select all and get a faster queue. Not sure about other players, but I would personally be willing to wait an extra 5 minutes if it meant I didn't have to fight with my team for the role I want. In fact it would probably save time in the long run since you would have fewer people dodging because they didn't get the spot they wanted.