pvp or not to pvp, that is the question of all questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-24-2013

i am slowly starting to get better and better at the game with the right player combo I excell while with the wrong combo my char is starved

I have been wanting to dive into the pvp content but have been absalutely feerfull of said situations

there is a point where i know that beginer co op bot matches will offer me nothing

but the idea of pairing off against an opponent that is not a pre programmed automation who can counter my attacks leanr how to play against me

and knowing that there is indeed a lot of ragers out there?

i have no fear of tribunal my whole feer is how harse a situation could possibly get for me when dealing with a team mate who is getting increasing glustered at me about what ever situation happens

either I am having a bad game ot the player going at me is having a great game and basically has skill flying out the pores

the fact is I am absuletly afraid of the normal pvp matches just because of the very few ragers i have seen in bot matches or knowing just how rage tastic a human can get

so what am i asking here. i need some ideas on how to deal with people raging at me for my mistake whether they be minor or great, as a prideful being of the human race I know that like many humans on earth (even if they don't admit it) i have thin skin

i want to enjoy this game. i want to pvp but the feer of being accosted by ragers is proving to great to go into the matches.

sorry if they made less sense then a cthulian puzzle box.

Luucidx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

There is so much bot games can provide even though PvP can teach you a lot more than bots can offer. In bots, you can still work on understanding champion abilities, practice strategies, improve last hitting, lane control, map awareness, when and where to ward, item building, positioning, and so on. Even playing bots 1000 times, I personally believe you can still learn more somewhere or at least refine your current skills.

In my opinion, better to enjoy the game than get stressed out about it. Improve to a point where you are confident enough to perform well, give normals games a try every once a while and start playing more frequently as time goes on and let it sink in. You will always encounter sour players in ANY game so it is just a matter of being a good sport and taking any situation with a positive attitude. If you did what you could, took the situation at heart seriously then you have nothing to be upset about. Take the criticism in mind and if it is just plain ridiculous, ignore it.

Source: Personal experience.

I wouldn't mind playing with you sometime. Bots or PvP. Feel free to add me and lets enjoy the game.

Luucidx

Cheshire Lunacy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luucidx View Post
There is so much bot games can provide even though PvP can teach you a lot more than bots can offer. In bots, you can still work on understanding champion abilities, practice strategies, improve last hitting, lane control, map awareness, when and where to ward, item building, positioning, and so on. Even playing bots 1000 times, I personally believe you can still learn more somewhere or at least refine your current skills.

In my opinion, better to enjoy the game than get stressed out about it. Improve to a point where you are confident enough to perform well, give normals games a try every once a while and start playing more frequently as time goes on and let it sink in. You will always encounter sour players in ANY game so it is just a matter of being a good sport and taking any situation with a positive attitude. If you did what you could, took the situation at heart seriously then you have nothing to be upset about. Take the criticism in mind and if it is just plain ridiculous, ignore it.

Source: Personal experience.

I wouldn't mind playing with you sometime. Bots or PvP. Feel free to add me and lets enjoy the game.

Luucidx
add me as well (or who ever adds first i suppose, my play sceaduale is prime time to late am. so beware depending what time you catch me on i might not be very erm sane. but im enjoyable nonethe less.

Alcowpwn

01-24-2013

I added you, lets play sometime. Looks like you ADC and I'll Taric support with you for heals and easy setups for kills.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcowpwn View Post
I added you, lets play sometime. Looks like you ADC and I'll Taric support with you for heals and easy setups for kills.
ok, sorry bout blowing you off last night ended up going to bed, was just to tired to do anything,

prolly wouldnt of been much help in a pvp match let alone a bot match

paintolar

01-25-2013

I had the same reservations before i started pvp. My advice is to just jump right in. At lower levels, you really dont encounter that many ragers as everyone is still learning. Plus starting early helps you to build your F-list so you have more friendly people to play with. Also, at least in my experiance, when you are playing in a friendly premade you chances of success are much higher. And who doesnt like winning

You can add me as well, but my play scedual is pretty random (full time job, wife, 4 kids)

Paintolar

Cheshire Lunacy

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintolar View Post
I had the same reservations before i started pvp. My advice is to just jump right in. At lower levels, you really dont encounter that many ragers as everyone is still learning. Plus starting early helps you to build your F-list so you have more friendly people to play with. Also, at least in my experiance, when you are playing in a friendly premade you chances of success are much higher. And who doesnt like winning

You can add me as well, but my play scedual is pretty random (full time job, wife, 4 kids)

Paintolar
ya my play schedule is random to, sometimes im to tired and the past few days i have been with a sprained shoulder, cause apparently i like to exercise is my sleep. (kidding, but I sprained my shoulder somehow in my sleep and its been hurting since)

anyways I will add you.

katyyyyyyyyyyy

01-25-2013

There is tons of immature people in the community that will name call you over the smallest things. It is nothing to be afraid of. Embrace it and have fun with how immature the people you are playing with are. Try to be a positive influence maybe and turn them into nicer people and have your niceness be contagious. Don't try to ignore the immature people in game, this hides the problem. You want to be the cure. To be the cure and just play with the toxic people, and make them feel bad about being toxic with the power of love. Be the cure, be the solution.

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-25-2013

Most people don't bother to mention this, but I feel like I should. There's no law saying that you have to play PvP. If you are genuinely enjoying Co-op vs AI as its own game and you suspect that you will never like PvP as much as teaming up to fight bots, don't force yourself. After all, there are people who have been subscribed to WoW for years and years without fighting against another player even once.

While many people (including me) believe that PvP Summoner's Rift provides the deepest and most satisfying gameplay, you should not feel that exclusively playing Co-op means you're committing a mortal sin. At least no more than exclusively playing Dominion, Twisted Treeline, or ARAM—and I'm sure there are a ton of people who do exactly that.

Darkslayer8283

01-25-2013

I got hacked and scammed so I had to make a new accout :/ Add me. Darkslayer8283