Please tell me why people have to trash talk.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wu Zi Mu

Junior Member

01-24-2013

I personally hate trash talking and I somehow want it to end. Please tell me reasons why trash talking has to happen in this TEAM PLAYING game. Is it because we dont know each other? Is it because people want too yell at non-experienced players?

When I mute a game with trash talkers, I play better than hearing them yap about how bad I am playing during that game. Why must we have to hear it?

I need answers!!! I got trash talked some other day ago and suddenly, it became harassment. I didnt even say anything!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hacker

Member

01-24-2013

Maybe because you are playing bad, at least, by their standards. I can remedy your situation; stop playing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AJStarhiker

Senior Member

01-24-2013

Because they are trying to get you upset and start raging or making mistakes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Squabblez

Junior Member

01-24-2013

Turn off all chat to not hear trash talk from enemy teams. Learn that maintaining your ego and responding to your own teammate's trash talk never helps and just try to play. Pride is your downfall by letting it get to you. But remember if there is some truth to their criticism in how you play learn to take some of it and not the insults. Like overextending or never warding. I mean if they curse ignore that part but if you truly did not ward and got ganked...well......yeeeeeeeeeeeeeah.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

Senior Member

01-24-2013

In a competitive environment, the idea of "us against them" exists. And so trash talk between teams to me seems natural. As "all" chat is off by default, and provides no game benefits to have it on, I heavily lean toward pardoning people who only have cases where its enemy reports (though this is not th ecase for many tribunal users).

Your telling me that when you play a competitive game against friends in front of a single tv, you don't trash talk with them?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wu Zi Mu

Junior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
In a competitive environment, the idea of "us against them" exists. And so trash talk between teams to me seems natural. As "all" chat is off by default, and provides no game benefits to have it on, I heavily lean toward pardoning people who only have cases where its enemy reports (though this is not th ecase for many tribunal users).

Your telling me that when you play a competitive game against friends in front of a single tv, you don't trash talk with them?
I don't trash talk. I respect a bit of competition, but it shouldn't get up to the point where a person suddenly becomes aggressive about my lack of skills and starts teasing me about it. We are talking about serious trash talking right?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu Zi Mu View Post
I personally hate trash talking and I somehow want it to end. Please tell me reasons why trash talking has to happen in this TEAM PLAYING game. Is it because we dont know each other? Is it because people want too yell at non-experienced players?

When I mute a game with trash talkers, I play better than hearing them yap about how bad I am playing during that game. Why must we have to hear it?

I need answers!!! I got trash talked some other day ago and suddenly, it became harassment. I didnt even say anything!
Do you hear it after you mute? NO.. problem solved.. stop crying already
And as long as there is competition there will always be trash talk because competition in itself puts 1 player or team thinking they are better than the other.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu Zi Mu View Post
I don't trash talk. I respect a bit of competition, but it shouldn't get up to the point where a person suddenly becomes aggressive about my lack of skills and starts teasing me about it. We are talking about serious trash talking right?
I think each person has their own personal opinion on it all (and hence why I think tribunal works well)

In this case, even when I look at professional sports, you will regularly see stories of "trash talk". Granted, milder than what you are saying you see.

Why do people feel the need to say some of the things that we hear in video games rather than just what you see in sports? That's a harder question and I probably am more toward your stance in those situations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

n00bsause

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudouri View Post
I think each person has their own personal opinion on it all (and hence why I think tribunal works well)

In this case, even when I look at professional sports, you will regularly see stories of "trash talk". Granted, milder than what you are saying you see.

Why do people feel the need to say some of the things that we hear in video games rather than just what you see in sports? That's a harder question and I probably am more toward your stance in those situations.
ever listened in on the helmet mic during a football game.. you will hear worse things than you can imagine yet they are paid professional sportsmen, how much more sportsmanlike can you get than that lolol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fudouri

Senior Member

01-25-2013

Hm...
how have you heard? Any broadcast tv, if its as bad as you say, would never air it. So unless you work as an OC in the NFL, you wouldn't have heard it either?


12