Sigh Thresh

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
Well his passive gets up to 200% AD scaling, but only if you wait for it to charge up. He naturally becomes tanky due to his soul collecting too, and he can control it better from the position of ADC.

If he was viable as an ADC it'd probably be in the same way that Urgot can be viable as a carry.
Difference is that all of Urgot's skills scale like off of AD and he can get in the middle of the team.

Thresh can't do that. He is a beast solo top AD Bruiser though if you build On hit stuff on him like Statikk, BotRK, etc.

CrayonPop ChoA

01-23-2013

Im consecutively losing coz of the lack of knowledge about Thresh sigh

Awaken Easley

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Difference is that all of Urgot's skills scale like off of AD and he can get in the middle of the team.

Thresh can't do that. He is a beast solo top AD Bruiser though if you build On hit stuff on him like Statikk, BotRK, etc.
His skills are used for their utility, not to combat players with.
Put him in a lane with a CC ***** like Leona, Blitz, Ali, etc... And there's no reason you shouldn't get FB.

cLo

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
a) I'd give it some time. People are still learning;
b) they will learn faster if you spend a few moments letting them know what it does and that you will be using it to save their bacon throughout the game;
c) Most importantly, and this is based on personal experience mostly, the art of lantern tossing is to put it not where your ally is, but where they will be in 1-1.5 seconds. That lead time gives them the ability to process the lantern coming into existence and take it. If you put it directly on an ally, they will often be past it by the time they know you've extended them a lifeline.
Why didn't you guys make it so that you W someone and YOU yourself push W again to pull them? Did you fear people trolling?

Awaken Easley

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fremz View Post
Im consecutively losing coz of the lack of knowledge about Thresh sigh
If you're losing TO him, just treat him like Blitzcrank.
Keep minions between you and him and he can't pull you.

machinech

01-24-2013

hah my fav... I throw out my lantern.... we have 2 ADC's... they get into a rage war over who stole who's needed lantern rescue. It was epic... I stopped putting out for them as they spent the rest of the game trying to snake it from one another if I tossed it to rescue. A real /facepalm moment.

CrayonPop ChoA

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post
If you're losing TO him, just treat him like Blitzcrank.
Keep minions between you and him and he can't pull you.
No Im the one who plays Thresh and team have no single idea how it works the lamp...
Its a nightmare to lay thresh sigh

Nicodemous

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
Wait, the center circle is pick-up range? Dear lord, no wonder no one picks up the lantern. That is an incredibly awkward position.
indeed...

Also, for my fellow Thresh players if you don't already know this... you can throw out your lamp and it will pick up souls for you...so if he enemy is being all aggressive and trying to zone you from your souls you can just throw your w and still get them safely

TiggerWong

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
a) I'd give it some time. People are still learning;
b) they will learn faster if you spend a few moments letting them know what it does and that you will be using it to save their bacon throughout the game;
c) Most importantly, and this is based on personal experience mostly, the art of lantern tossing is to put it not where your ally is, but where they will be in 1-1.5 seconds. That lead time gives them the ability to process the lantern coming into existence and take it. If you put it directly on an ally, they will often be past it by the time they know you've extended them a lifeline.
Makes more sense to me that the lantern shows my adc where he can be for the next few seconds, instead of will be. Alot of ADC's then can just pop in, q,w,e,r, etc... then right click back out, for a kill or safer tower dive.

The skill required is higher though, as the adc has to do one more thing on top of everything he's already doing, last hit, repositioning, max distance harrass, watch river, watch grabs, etc, and now he also has to just be in that little circle to right click just after he finished doing his stuff. I'd say it's only good for teams on Skype/Vent etc...not even good for duo queue, coz without team management, as said above people will fight for the lantern in team fights, leading to enemy probably triple/quadra kills.

HepatitisQ

01-27-2013

What's funny is when people don't know Yorick's ult and claims I'm hacking when I kill them after I die.