Sigh Thresh

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ireliateyou

01-23-2013

Question: Besides Lantern range, is there a clicking range? I've not played with a Thresh yet but playing him people don't seem to be using it unless they're close to it.

Awaken Easley

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
a) I'd give it some time. People are still learning;
b) they will learn faster if you spend a few moments letting them know what it does and that you will be using it to save their bacon throughout the game;
c) Most importantly, and this is based on personal experience mostly, the art of lantern tossing is to put it not where your ally is, but where they will be in 1-1.5 seconds. That lead time gives them the ability to process the lantern coming into existence and take it. If you put it directly on an ally, they will often be past it by the time they know you've extended them a lifeline.
You don't think Riot would nerf Thresh's base stats or AD scaling just because he can fill the ADC role, do you?

Cause I would be one sad panda.

Awaken Easley

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
Question: Besides Lantern range, is there a clicking range? I've not played with a Thresh yet but playing him people don't seem to be using it unless they're close to it.
I presume it's within' melee distance.
Your champion has to actually touch the lantern.

Kelly Price

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

CertainlyT is a pretty cool guy.

He's one of the people, yo.

Ireliateyou

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken Easley View Post
You don't think Riot would nerf Thresh's base stats or AD scaling just because he can fill the ADC role, do you?

Cause I would be one sad panda.
I can't see ADC Thresh being very efficient with the short attack range and the magic scaling on abilities.

Awaken Easley

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
I can't see ADC Thresh being very efficient with the short attack range and the magic scaling on abilities.
I can't get anyone to let me know how it works at level 30.
Been playing it on my smurf.
6/1
5/1
22/10
So far.

Nicodemous

01-23-2013

Quote:
I presume it's within' melee distance.
Your champion has to actually touch the lantern.
there is a tiny circle arrow thing around it (can't be more than a few units) and you have to be touching that (basically right on top of it) and then RIGHT CLICK it to make it work.

Ireliateyou

01-23-2013

Quote:
I can't get anyone to let me know how it works at level 30.
Been playing it on my smurf.
6/1
5/1
22/10
So far.
Well his passive gets up to 200% AD scaling, but only if you wait for it to charge up. He naturally becomes tanky due to his soul collecting too, and he can control it better from the position of ADC.

If he was viable as an ADC it'd probably be in the same way that Urgot can be viable as a carry.

Fisherman Fizz

01-23-2013

I played with a Thresh earlier today and a lot of the time I would just click on the lantern even if I didn't need to because it was fun. Like I'd clear wraith camp and see the lantern near me so I'd click it and get to wolves like half a second faster and feel awesome for clicking the lantern even though it barely did anything. Once a few days pass and people get what the thing does they'll probably use it better because it feels cool when you're the one getting pulled in. If you ever play in a premade there are going to be so many cool ways to organize it too

Ireliateyou

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemous View Post
there is a tiny circle arrow thing around it (can't be more than a few units) and you have to be touching that (basically right on top of it) and then RIGHT CLICK it to make it work.
Wait, the center circle is pick-up range? Dear lord, no wonder no one picks up the lantern. That is an incredibly awkward position.