J4 needs love...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MorgManBasher

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeIIsing View Post
Hmm i might try her out someday. But i still think that J4 needs more love than naut at this moment.
If you ever play her I recommend:

attack speed reds, armor yellows, cooldown reduction blues, AP quints or movement speed...I prefer AP for better clears.

HeIIsing

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgManBasher View Post
I max Q first in the jungle, actually. Why exactly does jarvan HAVE TO max e first? He doesn't.

As for CC, jarvan's may not be as good, but J4 with the correct runes (you should be running flat AD, not attack speed) will burst down a couple bars on HP level 2 ganking while knocking them up. If you play it smart you can come in and auto attack them and wait for them to start fleeing to flag combo them so they burn a flash or to knock them up when they do flash.

Ult is good for burning flashes and agaisnt people like olaf/singed who run ghost over flash. Not to mention Jarvan's ult is a pretty good finisher.

Jarvan's more for people who want a jack of all trades jungler. He can be a tank, support, tanky DPS or burst damage monster depending on the game.

Also naut sucks at stealing dragons/barons while jarvan can not only jump the cliff walls but grant vision without even having a ward. i can't even name all the times I've stolen drag/baron with j4 and when I play naut and can't help but wish i was playing J4 when stuff like this happens.

Again, not against J4 buffs but I don't think Naut is that great. I think the nerfs he got were a bit overboard.
I run full ad red and quin, armor yellow, and attack speed blue with jarvan. Rune page is 9-21.Just like you said hes the jack of all trade, but master of none. Thats why his presence in TEAM FIGHTS is... And i haven't seen anyone build jungle tanky dps at high elo plays. Most of the pros try to build him as tanky as possible with ageis and such... And i think it's the only viable build for him since tanky dps jarvan melts in team fight late game, and his damage is not that great either. I think u should pick other champions to be the bruiser in your team.

HeIIsing

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgManBasher View Post
If you ever play her I recommend:

attack speed reds, armor yellows, cooldown reduction blues, AP quints or movement speed...I prefer AP for better clears.
K, thanks for the tips.