I don't understand why I got a permanent ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruteng View Post
2499 means billing problems I think.
Look at what the Riot's employee said and at what Farm all Night said, it's not a billing problem if it was then it would have a different ban code.

jebhyud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2013

reform card kid

Dracorya

01-30-2013

Ok seriously guys, I think this topic needs to stop.

TheFourthComming

01-30-2013

Well, what I've been asking for is what Riot gave me. This will be the FINAL update that I will give. As for league of legends, I'll either start a new account or part ways with it. At this point I'm 100% sure I won't get the account back, but I will say that it wasn't me selling it. Regardless,thank you for those of you that tried to help in whatever way you could, those that took the time out of their day to follow this thread, and finally, thank you Riot for giving me what I wanted.
************************************************** ***********************************************
My Question

Yes, I guess you must have missed my question in the lengthy post above. " I don't mind that the account was taken from me, I just want legitimate reason for it. Do you have any screenshots, proof or whatnot of the account actually being sold?"

Thank you for taking the time to aid my case.
************************************************** *************************************************
Rioters Response

Hi Summoner,

We are not able to disclose the details of the investigation, but we have found evidence of the account being sold. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.
************************************************** *************************************************

/thread

The Yung HamTaro

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthComming View Post
Well, what I've been asking for is what Riot gave me. This will be the FINAL update that I will give. As for league of legends, I'll either start a new account or part ways with it. At this point I'm 100% sure I won't get the account back, but I will say that it wasn't me selling it. Regardless,thank you for those of you that tried to help in whatever way you could, those that took the time out of their day to follow this thread, and finally, thank you Riot for giving me what I wanted.
************************************************** ***********************************************
My Question

Yes, I guess you must have missed my question in the lengthy post above. " I don't mind that the account was taken from me, I just want legitimate reason for it. Do you have any screenshots, proof or whatnot of the account actually being sold?"

Thank you for taking the time to aid my case.
Rioters Response

Hi Summoner,

We are not able to disclose the details of the investigation, but we have found evidence of the account being sold. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

/thread

Kinda BS if you weren't the one to do so.

Couldn't they see the login logs to see that say if your IP is 1 and they see a new IP 2 log in 3 times before IP 009 logs in a lot wouldn't that be mysterious? Especially if they are all 3 different geological different locations?

LittleDi

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Ahri EU View Post
Kinda BS if you weren't the one to do so.

Couldn't they see the login logs to see that say if your IP is 1 and they see a new IP 2 log in 3 times before IP 009 logs in a lot wouldn't that be mysterious? Especially if they are all 3 different geological different locations?
/karthas

It means this account has changed hands and Riot's logs have confirmed it being done so for money.

/thread

Jinxiies

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmailSupport054 View Post
Riiight, because Riot has never been known to fck up this kind of thing before...
Source?

Experience Death

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxiies View Post
Source?
^ Riot fan boy.

Shiister

02-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Experience Death View Post
^ Riot fan boy.
^ butthurt banned player

I'm doing it right?

powerbats

02-14-2013

It could be that they contacted the person trying to login with the account from w/e location and were told they'd paid for said account and were shown proof.

You can ask what else can be done and if nothing then start a new account, make sure your pw is strong and not shared and your computer is secured and you don't play at unsecured locations or allow anyone else to access your account, same for router/firewall.

If you got hacked and money changed hands it's pretty difficult to disprove/prove especially if money got transferred in some shape or fashion to you.