I don't understand why I got a permanent ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFourthComming

Junior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Farm all night said 2499 = account sharing or selling.
I know the reason as to why the account has been banned. I'm asking to see proof of it, because its absurd to not let me play on the account anymore without me seeing why. I am not trying to get the account back, I just don't think that's being reasonable. I know the account is their property, and I'm 99% sure I won't get it back. They completely ignored me when I asked for some sort of evidence. At this point, I'd be fine with "Yes we do, but unfortunately we are unable to give out that information". It's not the best way to end this, but at least its better than completely ignoring the question regarding the account itself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YueienGato

Senior Member

01-29-2013

More to do with the account sharing imo. You have said your brother and best friend know the info which, playing devil's advocate here, could technically be grounds for the sharing aspect of it. If Riot systems notice a consistant changing of IPs they could suspect that you are sharing / ELO boost (Not saying you are but it has been an argument of theirs in the past).

I dunno, I do find it odd that they are being mum on details though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akado Bayushi

Senior Member

01-29-2013

I'm guessing that Riot feels they had overwhelming evidence, and that they are not willing to share that evidence, let alone the reason for the ban, in public. Therefore, either file a support ticket and talk directly with Riot or their customer service, or ...I don't know. The forums probably won't help you, as we just can't.

Also... if you're asking for proof, then it sounds like you're trying to have an internet debate where you argue about every little point in a vacuum. If you feel this is your account and you haven't sold or shared it, then you should spend your time putting together a timeline along with supporting documentation that explains exactly why the account has only been yours and you are who you say you are.

That'd be more productive, and may actually lead to you getting your account back. Posting on the forums and demanding evidence from people that can't give it will not lead to anything favorable for you.

*Edit* If Riot feels they have good ways to track account boosting and account sharing, I don't blame them for not telling the world what those methods are, or even that Riot is noticing. Why would they? Make the people doing wrong stuff figure it out, don't make it easy for them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AZ Vaelen

Senior Member

01-29-2013

They probably feel that it is completely obvious why you were banned and if you do not recognize it now, you probably never will. Might not be worth their time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFourthComming

Junior Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akado Bayushi View Post
I'm guessing that Riot feels they had overwhelming evidence, and that they are not willing to share that evidence, let alone the reason for the ban, in public. Therefore, either file a support ticket and talk directly with Riot or their customer service, or ...I don't know. The forums probably won't help you, as we just can't.

Also... if you're asking for proof, then it sounds like you're trying to have an internet debate where you argue about every little point in a vacuum. If you feel this is your account and you haven't sold or shared it, then you should spend your time putting together a timeline along with supporting documentation that explains exactly why the account has only been yours and you are who you say you are.

That'd be more productive, and may actually lead to you getting your account back. Posting on the forums and demanding evidence from people that can't give it will not lead to anything favorable for you.

*Edit* If Riot feels they have good ways to track account boosting and account sharing, I don't blame them for not telling the world what those methods are, or even that Riot is noticing. Why would they? Make the people doing wrong stuff figure it out, don't make it easy for them.
I wasn't asking you guys for evidence, I was giving you an update on my situation, which YOU guys asked for. The account doesn't belong to me, it belongs to riot. They can do whatever they please with it. I don't want the account back, I just want everything to make sense before I let go of the game I spent 2 years on. If they state they can't give me evidence, fair enough. I've asked for it, and got ignored. It isn't that hard to write a sentence stating they can't give me any evidence, seeing as they can ask ME for evidence regarding my claim. Truth be told, I have none to give. It's simply my word versus whatever they've got. I can't simply give them my browsing history, text messages, and "timetable" for the week and expect them to believe that. Your timetable suggestion is just a waste of my time. The account wasn't logged for 2 weeks, and even before the ban was placed, it hasn't been in game for a week before it was put in place. I want a simple statement on the details of the accusation riot is making. Is that too much for me to ask of them? If so, they can tell me that and I'll quietly leave. I've contacted the support, and I am waiting for a reply. The whole purpose of me posting my support history with riot was to keep you guys updated, nothing more, nothing less.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spitterkat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
yep this again. Telling people to commit fraud.

Also you can be fined and have to pay riots legal fees if you lose. So you will lose tons more money then its worth. But its a good attempt
fraud my ass, he cant use the thing he recently purchased


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

spitterkat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthComming View Post
I wasn't asking you guys for evidence, I was giving you an update on my situation, which YOU guys asked for. The account doesn't belong to me, it belongs to riot. They can do whatever they please with it. I don't want the account back, I just want everything to make sense before I let go of the game I spent 2 years on. If they state they can't give me evidence, fair enough. I've asked for it, and got ignored. It isn't that hard to write a sentence stating they can't give me any evidence, seeing as they can ask ME for evidence regarding my claim. Truth be told, I have none to give. It's simply my word versus whatever they've got. I can't simply give them my browsing history, text messages, and "timetable" for the week and expect them to believe that. Your timetable suggestion is just a waste of my time. The account wasn't logged for 2 weeks, and even before the ban was placed, it hasn't been in game for a week before it was put in place. I want a simple statement on the details of the accusation riot is making. Is that too much for me to ask of them? If so, they can tell me that and I'll quietly leave. I've contacted the support, and I am waiting for a reply. The whole purpose of me posting my support history with riot was to keep you guys updated, nothing more, nothing less.

riot is god, theyre the most toxic of trolls out there and they sometimes mass punish


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Takerial

Senior Member

01-29-2013

Does anyone else have access to your account?

If so then they could have performed actions that caused your banning.

Which you would still be responsible for.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gnfnrf

Senior Member

01-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takerial View Post
Does anyone else have access to your account?

If so then they could have performed actions that caused your banning.

Which you would still be responsible for.
The ban is for account sharing or selling, so if someone else has access to it, THAT would be the thing that caused the banning.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gruteng

Senior Member

01-30-2013

2499 means billing problems I think.