I don't understand why I got a permanent ban

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kovatch

01-27-2013

Could be, or could be was caught hacking. Probably never know.

5KB KenG

01-27-2013

2499 = account sharing or selling. Thread over.

YueienGato

01-27-2013

Ah, makes sense. Thank you for being upfront.

Lammah

Recruiter

01-27-2013

opening your account on a friends computer may be considered sharing ?
I live in two places and have 3 computers I game on and travel often , so its a bit scary.

embalmdk

01-27-2013

Evidently the player deserved by bigtime.

gnfnrf

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammah View Post
opening your account on a friends computer may be considered sharing ?
I live in two places and have 3 computers I game on and travel often , so its a bit scary.
Where did you get that idea from?

Warrikon

01-27-2013

this seems co-incidental.

edit: wrong link, LOL. here you go: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...efourthcomming

TheFourthComming

01-29-2013

Sorry guys, I've been busy working and doing other stuff while I'm on break. I haven't had time to post here, so sorry about that. I did get a reply, but am I allowed to quote it here? I don't intend to call anyone out here, but this is becoming frustrating. I've removed the names of the rioters for that matter. I'm really confused with their SECOND response. I guess I'll do at anyways, and If I get banned so be it because I honestly don't see the point in waiting another 3 days if they're going to give me bull**** responses like the last one.

Original Question
I've been offline for about a week now due to high school exams. I haven't logged in since and I don't know why my account is permanently banned now. The only people that know my account information and my password are my best friend and my brother, but according to lolking and the match history of my account I haven't been in game for a week. Why was my account suspended? I spent a great deal of money on champions and skins and now all of that is gone. Also, I haven't received any emails that gave me any warnings, or have been temporarily banned in the past like... year. My brother plays League of Legends as well, but he uses his own computer and account so it's unlikely that he accessed my account. Although I do leave my account logged in for several hours throughout the day.... I don't know if he did anything. In any case, I'd like to know why the account was banned. Sorry If I'm sounding a little demanding by the way, I just finished my exams and would like to play. Thanks in advance.
************************************************** ************************************************
1st Rioter Response
Greetings TheFourthComming,

Thank you for contacting me. The action of buying, selling, gifting, or trading an account is strictly against our Terms of Use. We do not offer support for accounts that have been found in violation. Here is an excerpt from our Terms of Use:

"D. Account Sales. The Account supplied to you is personal to you, and Riot Games does not recognize and expressly forbids the transfer of user Accounts. You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void. Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Riot Games) may result in suspension or termination of your account."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. However, if you can provide me with any additional information in regards to the [FILL IN: BUYING/SELLING/GIFTING/TRADING] of this account, I will be more than happy to further investigate. Please note that it is unlikely for this account to be restored.

"A gentleman is simply a patient wolf."

Warmest Regards,
Rioter 1

My response
I'm sorry, are you saying that I was trying to sell my account? I don't understand. I've been offline for weeks studying for my exams, and I come back to a banned account that was supposedly being sold? I don't know how to take this in, because it surely wasn't me selling the account. I'll have a talk with the people that have access to the account, hopefully the have some sort of explanation. I don't mind that the account was taken from me, I just want legitimate reason for it. Do you have any screenshots, proof or whatnot of the account actually being sold? I'd like to know please, because I usually leave my computer on with all of my applications running. Like I'd have skype, League of Legends, hotmail, and so on all logged in throughout a huge portion of the day, so I don't know if something happened with that. I've also used several third party programs with this account like the lolchat app for android, LoL Recorder and a few others, all (except for LoL Recorder) of which have me provide my email and account information in order to login. Thanks in advance. Also, would I still be allowed to create a new account? I don't regret the time and money I spent on this game, and would hope to continue playing it in the future. I would have less champions and skins of course, but I guess that would let me master certain champions. Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post.
Second Rioter Response
Hey Summoner,

You are certainly able to create a new account, provided you read the Terms of Use of League of Legends carefully and follow them. If you do find compelling evidence regarding your account, please let us know and we'll be happy to further assist. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Yours,
Rioter 2
So really the only thing I've learned is the offense that I supposedly committed. No details what so ever, even though I requested them. I don't get it, I ask for proof as to why the account has been permanently terminated, but they respond with asking me for proof? What? The rioter completely ignored my primary question from what I can tell, seeing as she left off with "Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns."

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthComming View Post
Farm all night said 2499 = account sharing or selling.

170 Calories

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFourthComming View Post
Sorry guys, I've been busy working and doing other stuff while I'm on break. I haven't had time to post here, so sorry about that. I did get a reply, but am I allowed to quote it here? I don't intend to call anyone out here, but this is becoming frustrating. I've removed the names of the rioters for that matter. I'm really confused with their SECOND response. I guess I'll do at anyways, and If I get banned so be it because I honestly don't see the point in waiting another 3 days if they're going to give me bull**** responses like the last one.

Original Question
I've been offline for about a week now due to high school exams. I haven't logged in since and I don't know why my account is permanently banned now. The only people that know my account information and my password are my best friend and my brother, but according to lolking and the match history of my account I haven't been in game for a week. Why was my account suspended? I spent a great deal of money on champions and skins and now all of that is gone. Also, I haven't received any emails that gave me any warnings, or have been temporarily banned in the past like... year. My brother plays League of Legends as well, but he uses his own computer and account so it's unlikely that he accessed my account. Although I do leave my account logged in for several hours throughout the day.... I don't know if he did anything. In any case, I'd like to know why the account was banned. Sorry If I'm sounding a little demanding by the way, I just finished my exams and would like to play. Thanks in advance.
************************************************** ************************************************
1st Rioter Response
Greetings TheFourthComming,

Thank you for contacting me. The action of buying, selling, gifting, or trading an account is strictly against our Terms of Use. We do not offer support for accounts that have been found in violation. Here is an excerpt from our Terms of Use:

"D. Account Sales. The Account supplied to you is personal to you, and Riot Games does not recognize and expressly forbids the transfer of user Accounts. You shall not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or make any such offer, and any attempt shall be null and void. Any distribution by you of your Account and/or your Login Credentials (except as expressly provided herein or otherwise explicitly approved of by Riot Games) may result in suspension or termination of your account."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. However, if you can provide me with any additional information in regards to the [FILL IN: BUYING/SELLING/GIFTING/TRADING] of this account, I will be more than happy to further investigate. Please note that it is unlikely for this account to be restored.

"A gentleman is simply a patient wolf."

Warmest Regards,
Rioter 1

My response
I'm sorry, are you saying that I was trying to sell my account? I don't understand. I've been offline for weeks studying for my exams, and I come back to a banned account that was supposedly being sold? I don't know how to take this in, because it surely wasn't me selling the account. I'll have a talk with the people that have access to the account, hopefully the have some sort of explanation. I don't mind that the account was taken from me, I just want legitimate reason for it. Do you have any screenshots, proof or whatnot of the account actually being sold? I'd like to know please, because I usually leave my computer on with all of my applications running. Like I'd have skype, League of Legends, hotmail, and so on all logged in throughout a huge portion of the day, so I don't know if something happened with that. I've also used several third party programs with this account like the lolchat app for android, LoL Recorder and a few others, all (except for LoL Recorder) of which have me provide my email and account information in order to login. Thanks in advance. Also, would I still be allowed to create a new account? I don't regret the time and money I spent on this game, and would hope to continue playing it in the future. I would have less champions and skins of course, but I guess that would let me master certain champions. Anyways, sorry for the lengthy post.
Second Rioter Response
Hey Summoner,

You are certainly able to create a new account, provided you read the Terms of Use of League of Legends carefully and follow them. If you do find compelling evidence regarding your account, please let us know and we'll be happy to further assist. Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Yours,
Rioter 2
So really the only thing I've learned is the offense that I supposedly committed. No details what so ever, even though I requested them. I don't get it, I ask for proof as to why the account has been permanently terminated, but they respond with asking me for proof? What? The rioter completely ignored my primary question from what I can tell, seeing as she left off with "Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns."
Yeah evidence or at least more specific details would have been nice. Sorry you lost your account. Hope to see you on the battlefield soon