Thresh Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS16682f68bbff8f

01-24-2013

Very bad champion.
Q is so slow that even turtle can evade it.
W is a joke.
E very hard to cast that in the direction you need it.
R Veigar E is 100 times better than this joke.

Vanra

01-24-2013

The guy has 2 pulls (one of which has a stun, the other is also a push), another pull for his allies and a massive slow. No nerf in the world is going to be enough to balance him.

On the bright side, at least I can stop banning Alistair and Blitzcrank.

Tyranitt

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
It's obviously very early, but he seems pretty balanced at the moment.
There are many other players here who have experienced thresh personally. I just finished spectating a friend playing Thresh in a Thresh-Graves v Ashe-Taric Bot lane. I play LoL casually and usually just queue up with friends, most of what i've played in the past couple of months is bot lane support.

This was just an normal match, but Thresh's early game tankiness just seemed so strong. In the game i watched, the Ashe-Taric didn't really do much to zone Thresh out of his souls. But the issue I saw with the souls is how fast thresh managed to gain armor. In this game thresh collected 4 (maybe 3) souls out of the jungle before coming to lane. (1 big wolf, 1 small wolf, 1 big golem, maybe 1 golem lizard, sorry i'm tired), i know every time this won't happen. But worst case 1 or 2 souls will drop (1 if jung start blue, 2 if jung start wolves).

I classify him more as a "Tanky Support" with a lot of similarities to Leona and Taric, for this reason I'm listing out base Health and armor stats for these 3 to com

Health:
Taric - 452 (+89/lvl)
Thresh - 452 (+92/lvl)
Leona - 430 (+87/lvl)

Hp5:
Leona - 9 (+.85/lvl)
Taric - 7.1 (+.5/lvl)
Thresh - 6 (+.55/lvl)

Armor:
Thresh - 18 (+0/lvl)
Leona - 18 (+3.1/lvl)
Taric - 16.5 (+3.3/lvl)

Level 1 he is right in the pack with Leona and Taric in terms of health and armor, but not Hp5, which i think are good place for him to be. With bot lane being duo, it levels the slowest and thus giving Thresh the most time to collect souls without falling behind because his opponents are gaining armor as they level.

As this game went on and Taric leveled, and Thresh was harvesting souls. But Tresh managed to stay ahead of Taric in terms of armor, even though Taric was maxing Shatter immediately. This only shows how important it is to keep thresh away from his souls, but in this specific match up Taric was leveling and forcing to spec his armor buff while tresh gathered souls to remain as tanky as Taric, and got to use skill points on skills unrelated to this.

He brings a lot of tankiness to lane early that can sustain into the mid game if not stopped from harvesting.

My point, for a "ranged" support he brings a LOT of tankiness bot lane compared to other supports. His range is not very big (475), but Janna's range is 475 and Fid's range is 480. While the other ranged supports sit around 550.

Obviously Thresh is a champ with snowballing in mind (getting all the souls you can). And requiring communication to be used properly. His problem, is that i think having a "ranged" support this tanky is going to majorly limit the viability of other supports. Like Sona and Janna are both pretty squishy supports and Thresh has the set to grab them and stick to them while absorbing a lot of dmg. That's his job, it's not a problem with the kit.

I apologize for all the mumbled garbage, i need to go to bed. And after all of this, I don't think Thresh is Super Broken. I think he's OP, because he needs 1 or 2 be slightly tweaked, in a way that goes along with his play style.

1) This is more of a fix to mechanics, might not be possible. But at the start of the game thresh as the potential to collect a lot of "free souls" thanks to how his passive works. I think the 1900 range might be a little big. But in terms of laning it's not out of control. Early game though I mentioned how the jungle camps help thresh potentially a lot. He just has to be near-by to collect the orb (but doesn't have to be close enough that the jungler loses xp from his camp. This is a fix that I think should be made specifically in the jungle. For souls to drop for thresh he should have to be close enough to split the xp.

I think this adds another level of communication, does the jungler need that bit of xp for an early gank or to counter jungle? Is the jungler going to try to camp top so they split w/ thresh so he can get his souls to give bot lane a bit more tankiness, then (hopefully) bot can wait a bit longer for a gank.

Last season bot lane blue side would start double golems a lot to get a bit of an xp advantage. The new jungle makes that strategy..... not a very good idea. With an already new jungle I thought this might be an interesting idea to balance Thresh a bit more in one area.

2) Thresh is so tanky early because the souls give him armor more armor early and then decrease as Thresh collects more. I think the Premium should be more aimed towards the mid game. That way if Thresh wants to stay tanky early game he can't go back and get boots to help close gaps or other items while other supports would get aegis to help them selves stay alive.

The 2nd idea is really something i thought up while typing this up. Sorry for the long post. So...

TL;DR - Tresh early game is like Shaco early-strong. For a snowbally champ that isn't good. I think he might just need a couple adjustments tone down his tankiness so that we don't see HotshotGG playing a flying tank Thresh like he was with Rengar not too long ago.

Note: I don't think he needs as much "adjusting" as rengar got and shaco might get. Plz don't take over exaggerations seriously.

Ireliateyou

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotolok View Post
The Q windup is unbelievably annoying. I know it's intended to be a "mind games" delay but at the moment it's so fruitless to throw it I hardly ever use it unless I'm chasing or they're locked. Really frustrating.
This is important to me. The delay feels long compared to something like Blitzcrank's pull. Nautilus doesn't even have a delay, or at least a noticable one. With the skillshot being so tiny as is I feel like it should be more responsive.

Diddle Me Then

01-24-2013

Overall I like Thresh as a champion... The only thing I don't like is the stiffness of his attire when he's moving... Mafia Graves clothing flows - Evelyn's flows... Thresh's attire on the other hand reminds me of these frozen T-Shirt videos that have been popping up with all these freezing temperatures...

machinech

01-24-2013

Player: What's THIS you say... a new champion with new abilities....hmmm let me try my old trusted techniques....

Thresh: GET OVER HERE... *chainpull*....

Player: OMGWTFBBQ!#@#$^@

*rinse repeat*

Player: NERF!!!!!

Relax folks, play him if you can, get to know him. His tricks wreak havoc with people that aren't watching position, and he's got versatility for helping team or messing with enemy. It's not the HOLY WUMPUS stick of death. Treat like blitz and that should do you fine.

ForeverLaxx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
This is important to me. The delay feels long compared to something like Blitzcrank's pull. Nautilus doesn't even have a delay, or at least a noticable one. With the skillshot being so tiny as is I feel like it should be more responsive.
It doesn't "feel" long. It is long. It's delayed intentionally for what I can only assume was to offset the added "utility" of having a combination of Amumu and Nautilus grabs, depending on what you needed most at the time.

The problem is that the delay is so long, and the windup so obvious, that you almost never land a Q out in the open unless you're throwing it at something that's already CC'd beforehand. For what is an initiation skill, this isn't a good thing. If the delay was just a tad shorter, I wouldn't feel so bad for maxing this unwieldy skill first solely for the passive autoattack damage boost. Plus, since the projectile itself is so narrow you don't even manage to hit champions that Blitz, Nautilus, or Amumu would have tagged. As Thresh is in real direct competition with these champion styles, it leaves him feeling like the less-useful Amumu who can sometimes pretend to be a Blitz/Nautilus if he felt like it. The only thing he has over Amumu and Naut at this point is that Amumu/Naut is forced to jungle and Thresh can support, top, and (with significant early assistance) jungle.

To clarify, I think the champion is fun and people that know how to interact with your lantern just makes him loads better, but the delay on his Q just feels like it was overcompensating to make sure he wasn't "too strong" right out of the gate. I think it needs to be toned down slightly, if only so it feels usable when trying to snag someone turtled under the enemy tower.

Gloont

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabulousJeremy View Post
Exactly this.
If they want to be Thresh as much of a threat as Blitzcrank and since Thresh can't just walk up to someone as easily as Blitz (no steroid), he NEEDS his hook to be as quick and responsive as possible in order to zone.

Having the largest windup time skill in a game on a support who is supposed to be a threat just seems like an oxymoron of sorts.

OctaneDragon

Mjaxon

09-10-2013

lol