Thresh Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutionJailor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
Says the guy with the Darius avatar.
Your name beings with R (just like Riven and Ryze, and the button Karthus AND Darius presses to win fights), so you have even less credibility when it comes to game balance.

See how that works?

---

On topic, Thresh seems kind of strange.

On one hand, he has Blitz syndrome, where a landed Q can provide an absurd advantage, even if behind.

On the other hand, his Q/W/E ratios are incredibly low considering their cooldowns, and his E still has the usability issues we noted on PBE.

His E's max range is so close to his auto-attack range that depending on the units you're fighting, right clicking them either puts you in or out of range to E, on a case-by-case basis.

It's most noticeable in the jungle against big Wraiths and the buff adds, and Dragon/Baron, but is still a problem in lane and roaming. And it's not just the cast delay and travel time of the attack. Try attacking stationary/rooted targets, or even worse, other people hitting you with ranged attacks.

Adding like 25 to the maximum effect distance would probably alleviate the problem entirely, without being too game-changing for people on the receiving end. It would stand to reason that if you are in range of his attacks, then you should be in range of his E.

Because as-is, enemy size seems to make it about a 50/50 chance that E will hit when at maximum attack range.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-24-2013

FabulousJeremy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
Your name beings with R (just like Riven and Ryze, and the button Karthus AND Darius presses to win fights), so you have even less credibility when it comes to game balance.

See how that works?

---

On topic, Thresh seems kind of strange.

On one hand, he has Blitz syndrome, where a landed Q can provide an absurd advantage, even if behind.

On the other hand, his Q/W/E ratios are incredibly low considering their cooldowns, and his E still has the usability issues we noted on PBE.

His E's max range is so close to his auto-attack range that depending on the units you're fighting, right clicking them either puts you in or out of range to E, on a case-by-case basis.

It's most noticeable in the jungle against big Wraiths and the buff adds, and Dragon/Baron, but is still a problem in lane and roaming. And it's not just the cast delay and travel time of the attack. Try attacking stationary/rooted targets, or even worse, other people hitting you with ranged attacks.

Adding like 25 to the maximum effect distance would probably alleviate the problem entirely, without being too game-changing for people on the receiving end. It would stand to reason that if you are in range of his attacks, then you should be in range of his E.

Because as-is, enemy size seems to make it about a 50/50 chance that E will hit when at maximum attack range.
Compared to Nautilus or Blitz, Thresh's Q is a bit underwhelming tbh. Though the gap close into the box is very useful.

Mizzle Sticks

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
Enemies cannot see the souls unless they can see Thresh.
This is pretty wonderful.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Splinterheart

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
1900 units -- a good deal longer than the lantern cast radius. For reference, Caitlyn's rank 1 ultimate is 2000 units.
Would it be worth adding a slight QoL update to Thresh, where you hover your cursor over his passive and it shows you the range you can get souls?

Also, is his basic attack meant to have a bleed animation when hitting bloodless structures e.g. turrets/inhibitors/nexus?

Hammsuke

01-24-2013

Thresh provides so much control over the lanes hes become my new favorite laning partner(sry lulu). I mean played a game where we intentionally left blitz unbanned to see what would happen. Instead of blitz pulling me and me dying Thresh would pull blitz and blitz would either die or have to go back. If he somehow managed to pull me thresh just tosses a lantern and i'm completely safe. Another thing if u match him with a bursty adc like graves or MF his q plus the box secures so many kills for u as well as providing massive protection from ganks on the flip side. GG thresh OP support

Redeemed In Fire

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
CertainlyT can you PLZ buff Zed
Someone doesn't know how to use ult

Raptamei

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutionJailor View Post
Cast it slightly to their side. It's a rectangle so it reaches farther if you hit them with a corner.

Kotolok

01-24-2013

The Q windup is unbelievably annoying. I know it's intended to be a "mind games" delay but at the moment it's so fruitless to throw it I hardly ever use it unless I'm chasing or they're locked. Really frustrating.

I love E, it feels good and gets more familiar with practice.

I have a problem with Q passive. You build AD to raise its damage, but it deals magic. On top of this, Thresh's Q passive doesn't proc on turrets, meaning his abysmal (48 at level 1?) auto damage does about as much as a minion or two's on a turret. So if I have to itemize damage, mpen, attack speed, and what? AD doesn't make my abilities scale, and AP ratios/cooldowns aren't high enough to be considered burst. Idk.