Thresh Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InS4N3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Better nerf old eve.

Naliya

01-24-2013

It's pretty easy to collect souls, and it seems a good number to hit is around 100-150 souls, depending on how hard the lane is. You'll want to keep collecting as many souls as you can, of course, so sticking with someone that's clearing lanes is important after lane phase. Being in team fights will net a few souls too, if you don't die. There's a specific number you need to acquire in order to have the same armor at level 18 as other level 18s...I wish I knew the answer to that. Maybe someone else can fill us in.

Thresh is quite entertaining, though. I definitely agree with the score you gave him.

Mokkun

01-24-2013

I'm gonna agree with OP, E is very touchy, especially with range indicators on.

I like the fact that his chain isn't a full pull, but that you can also walk away from people and drag them with you.
I'm a little sad that you can't auto with Q on someone, though I understand why.

Also, he has an amazingly nice auto attack animation for last hitting, wasn't sure how such a weapon would work in this game, but I like it.

DrMrSisterFister

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
It's obviously very early, but he seems pretty balanced at the moment.
CertainlyT, I fear that he'll be seen how Lulu was seen when she became a popular top pick.
With the whole, "He does too much damage to have this much utility." Vice versa, thing.

Lulu was one of my favorite tops, and now thresh is slowly filling her place.

Please don't dismantle Thresh's top ;-;

Edit: Idea for E Is to add a little LMB indicator above the lantern.

Hellioning

01-24-2013

I've only had one game with thresh in it so far; he was on my team. Me (an ezreal) and him vs a draven a taric.

We got DOMINATED, but that was mostly my fault. I think the primary problem is that Thresh requires a lot of communication, and in solo que you don't usually have that.

Also an enemy was standing on the lantern once so when I went to grab the lantern and escape I attacked the enemy instead, so that's irritating.

drzombieface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainlyT View Post
It's obviously very early, but he seems pretty balanced at the moment.
He seems fine to me. Numbers aren't crazy when he's in a support role. The no scaling armor does put him behind other supports when he's denied access to some souls, but it's not by a huge margin or anything, as he can make up some ground with his lantern (if he's getting denied ofc).

His Soul count can get pretty dumb when place Solo Top, though. Had like 150- ish souls in a 20 minute surrender victory.

It's only a bit higher than Support from what I've seen, but with On- Hit Top, he's farming AND getting souls. Something I've found to be a deadly combination.

The downside to his being dominant top is his blatent lack of any escape outside of Flash or Ghost. It's a pain sometimes, but it's also a fair trade off for the stupid amount of CC you gave him.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

01-24-2013

I really only have 1 critique of Thresh. His lantern is the only animation/cast time that feels appropriate.

I understand that Death Sentence needs to be slow, as it's pretty much a pulling version of Zenith Blade. But the amount of time Thresh has to spend immobile to land a max range chain, or on a miss, feels ridiculous. I personally feel that the cast animation "lockout" needs to be reduced so Thresh can start moving before the chain reaches it's max length.

I really like what Flay does, but the amount of time between when you click and when it actually goes off feels too long. I have actually missed several clutch Flays because of the delay between cast and effect. If the delay is absolutely necessary, then perhaps the distance thrown by Flay should be dynamic, instead of fixed, increasing based on how far from Thresh the target was hit.

Finally, The Box feels like it has a really long arming time. The corner posts for the walls appear immediately, but the walls don't actually activate for almost a whole second after it's cast. I probably wouldn't mind this if the total area of the box was increased (if the walls were longer), but at the given size it's very easy to miss. Or perhaps the length of the walls could scale with level, getting bigger for later in the game?

LukeyDukey

01-24-2013

Does everyone know you can teleport to thresh's lantern. cause its annoying XD

Meteonyker

01-24-2013

Thresh is one of the few supports that need to snowball. Abuse his early game. He doesnt have that lockup as Blitz does, so rape him!

Meteonyker

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
Also an enemy was standing on the lantern once so when I went to grab the lantern and escape I attacked the enemy instead, so that's irritating.
that part is called : Counterplay.