Ohmwrecker was it the price for the ability?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaltovei

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGamer View Post
I still like the item. It is cost efficient on a tank, but not on a support. Ohmwrecker still allows for great pushing.
It isn't cost efficient on a tank at all. You'll get more out of any tank with any other item because the tanks generally have decent AP ratios. Nevermind the wasted mana on the manaless ones, and terrible build path for them too.

This is an item that probably can't be balanced. You're either going to get what you have now, or the duration will be too long and be a must have every single game. The stats that aren't the active aren't really worth it when other items have better passive/active effects with similar or better stats for less gold.

Fluffy1

01-24-2013

the problem with the item is disable turret for 2.5 seconds OR buy a chain vest and ignore it anyways

antimuon

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ohmwrecker was an item that was probably most polarizing in community testing / feedback - so we decided to play it a little more cautiously. I don't disagree that it's weak right now - but we want don't really want to see the item become "core" on anything, it should sit in a niche spot if possible.

It's definitely somewhat weak - we'll address this when we get the chance but community feedback was very polarized around the item when we first introduced it on PTR.

Hi Xypherous,

have you considered changing the effect on Ohmwrecker's active to let it buff allied turrets as well? Because it would be a change that seems very consistent with the item, and I feel like players tend to be afraid to buy Ohmwrecker because it doesn't help at all when your team falls behind.

Prolapse

01-24-2013

this would be a great item for a jungler to tower dive with, but the cost make it a late game item in which the laning phase is over. reduce it's base stats and keep the passive and make its cost 2k problem solved

IGamer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaltovei View Post
It isn't cost efficient on a tank at all. You'll get more out of any tank with any other item because the tanks generally have decent AP ratios. Nevermind the wasted mana on the manaless ones, and terrible build path for them too.

This is an item that probably can't be balanced. You're either going to get what you have now, or the duration will be too long and be a must have every single game. The stats that aren't the active aren't really worth it when other items have better passive/active effects with similar or better stats for less gold.
I see where you are going at, but I still build this item on tanks regardless if whether or not it costs 3k gold. The added armor, health, and mana works great for champions such as Singed who are one of the best tower divers in the game. Honestly, if they were to lower the price on the item, you would see it too often in builds. Generally, if your team reacted to your engage, tower diving wouldn't be an issue, but I prefer not to take tower hits. It is just how I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
I take it you don't play Singed.
Or Ryze for that matter.

L2P Mate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Lol I bought this on Singed in a ranked game to BD lanes... Before I could even use it, both of the enemies Nexus turrets got downed. l0l.

IS1d3c256ccf2ba0

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGamer View Post
I see where you are going at, but I still build this item on tanks regardless if whether or not it costs 3k gold. The added armor, health, and mana works great for champions such as Singed who are one of the best tower divers in the game. Honestly, if they were to lower the price on the item, you would see it too often in builds. Generally, if your team reacted to your engage, tower diving wouldn't be an issue, but I prefer not to take tower hits. It is just how I am.

Or Ryze for that matter.
You don't need rocket surgery here. 2.5sec is like you will get 2 hits from the turret. This is never cost-efficient.

Also, as you mentioned singed, RoA or BV is far much better.

It's your preference like people playing subpar champs because they love it, but it's not efficient as you insist.

Lunaria

01-24-2013

ohwrecker is really really bad for one good reason.

towers are mitigated by armor extremely hard, spend that money on a randuins omen, sunfire cape, thornmail, frozen heart, whatever and you can just easily tank the tower with an item that's not wasting stats on a tower disable function

I Like Tanks

01-24-2013

Bump for the motherland.

Teh holiday beef

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ohmwrecker was an item that was probably most polarizing in community testing / feedback - so we decided to play it a little more cautiously. I don't disagree that it's weak right now - but we want don't really want to see the item become "core" on anything, it should sit in a niche spot if possible.

It's definitely somewhat weak - we'll address this when we get the chance but community feedback was very polarized around the item when we first introduced it on PTR.
I haven't seen one. Not a single one.