Ohmwrecker was it the price for the ability?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiteMeGood

01-24-2013

Ohmwrecker should be a garrison style item for mages and tanks, counterganking from jungle allows junglers to use the wrecker to fire splash shots while doing the turret disable thing on the offense and lowering damage output for the next 3 seconds.

Raptamei

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ohmwrecker was an item that was probably most polarizing in community testing / feedback - so we decided to play it a little more cautiously. I don't disagree that it's weak right now - but we want don't really want to see the item become "core" on anything, it should sit in a niche spot if possible.

It's definitely somewhat weak - we'll address this when we get the chance but community feedback was very polarized around the item when we first introduced it on PTR.
How about an item that reduces tower damage taken by 25% and is cheap enough to be rushed?

Edit: how about instead of disabling the nearest tower it disables any tower you click on. Then you can use it to assist other lanes, help the Yi backdoor, or even turn off the fountain for a few seconds and kill the guy who is about to run into the fountain with 200 hp.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-24-2013

What does "polarized" mean?

I swear I can never understand a single post Xyph makes

IS1d3c256ccf2ba0

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Ohmwrecker was an item that was probably most polarizing in community testing / feedback - so we decided to play it a little more cautiously. I don't disagree that it's weak right now - but we want don't really want to see the item become "core" on anything, it should sit in a niche spot if possible.

It's definitely somewhat weak - we'll address this when we get the chance but community feedback was very polarized around the item when we first introduced it on PTR.
Niche? You mean niche like SURGE?

Try harder.

Hammsuke

01-24-2013

i find now a days once u hit a certain point of the game with a bruiser or tank. I dont really notice the turret hits until like the 7th or 8th hit so i find no reason to build ohmwrecker unless the turrets actually did dmg mid to late game.

InsaneNcrazY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Should stay niche but still stay viable. Right now it is not.

IS1d3c256ccf2ba0

01-24-2013

I just love how they just throw things and leave them behind, like items, spells, champs, everything. If they don't want to bother balancing or making it viable, why did they add those in the first place?

Gryphios

01-24-2013

All items that build from Catalyst should retain the Valor's Reward passive. It doesn't stack between items in any case, so what's the harm.

Shumtastic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

I've tried building it on several occasions on both support and junglers. The main problem I have with the item is not so much the stats it gives, but it's when the active effect becomes relevant in the game. I always felt like I really wanted it to be able to tower dive a lane for a kill, but laning phase was always over by the time I could afford it. Once team fights started, there was rarely a situation where such a fight would occur under the enemy turret. We're more likely to see these happen around objectives like Baron Nashor.

TLDR: I like the active effect, but it costs too much since I want it more for the laning phase than late game.

Voidgolem

01-24-2013

Ohmwrecker and Zephyr both seem like items where you're paying a whole lot of money for not actually all that much in stat bonus.

Maybe notsomuch Zephyr, looking at it mathwise, but definitely Wrecker.