4 lp a win?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veelia

08-27-2013

Hey there!

Just got some questions about how LP works and stuff!
Not looking to complain as I'm sure that this happens for a reason, just wanna know why I would earn/lose 4 lp per game (on average)?
I know it has to do with my mmr and rank and stuff, just looking for a concrete explanation so maybe I can understand when I'll start to earn the 15-20 I'm used to?

Thanks!

Info:

I'm Silver 1 currently, and earning around 4 lp per game.
IGN: Veelia

PlsApport

08-27-2013

You're being clamped because you're in division one. Once your MMR gets (significantly) higher than your division or you get to the next tier, you'll stop being clamped.

Veelia

08-27-2013

But I have other players in Silver 1 (irl friends) and they earn like 20-30 per game?

PlsApport

08-27-2013

Their MMR is higher than Silver 1.

greggoeT

08-27-2013

Happened to me. I FINALLY got out of bronze V, carrying with Darius, Akali (penta kill), and Zac top and akali mid. Got to bronze IV and WHAM. 4-8 lp a win, 25 lp a loss.

Riot plz fix this.

Irish Red Cap

08-27-2013

You are being clamped. This happens for a couple of reasons.

Your hidden MMR is lower than the next tier. It doesn't not want you to feel discouraged so it massively restricts what you gain/lose so you hover around your current area while raising your MMR and win/loss ratio.

If someone is gaining 20-30 per game in division 1 then they are climbing extremely fast and have a really high MMR. If that's not the case then they are probably below the 70 LP level where clamping begins. Once they break through that they will deal with the same issues you are having.

toastyalmond

08-27-2013

this happened to me when i fell from gold 5 to silver 1 due to being inactive. i got like 2-3 lp a win in silver, it wasn't very fun