Miss Fortune Lane Abuse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Earl of Madness

01-23-2013

Now I realize that people always get upset over the nerf threads because they always hate to see their favorite champions nerfed but I don't think i'm going overboard to say that Miss Fortune needs a nerf right now. She is the best ADC in the game right now with a winrate of 54% go to Lolking to find the win percentage. That is very high that was back when Ezreal was king and they nerfed him pretty hard and now he's in a very good spot. Even though i played with ezreal i admit he needed that nerf because his attack speed debuff was abusive in lane.

However MF is just as abusive if not more than the old ezreal. Its not that her kit is bad i like her kit but her strut and double up make her hard to punish for going in to get CS that she couldn't normally get and makes it very easy for her to punish you even outside of normal range for most ADC. To put it simply miss fortune has a very safe laning phase and can not only avoid harrassment but can also dish it out herself very well. Now i realize ezreal is very similar but the difference is how much damage is dealt. Missfortune can harrass behind minions with double up and is constantly hard to poke down unlike ezreal. I know MF has her counters and i know she can be beat but right now i think she is a TAD too abusive in lane. Her late and midgame are perfect where they are at and they should stay where they are at but I think her laning phase needs to be toned down a bit because right now she is just really strong in lane and very very few champions can beat her in lane taric is one of the few but then again he is an OP support with a 55 % winrate or so, check lolking for this statistic as well.

I'm not asking for a huge nerf but no matter which ADC I play or how passive or aggressive i play Miss Fortune can win out if you go aggressive her damage is on par with traders like draven or graves and if you are passive she will just get you from behind minions and her healing reduction doesn't help with that abuse and make it very hard to escape from her or make clutch plays with summoners, abilities or pots. Put that in tandem with her ability to harrass from a large distance with her strut keeping her safe and overall she is a nasty lane to play against. She is not impossible to win against by no means am I saying that but most games i play against MF are the toughest games i play but the ones with other ADC are either I make a mistake and lose the lane because of my own stupidity (which i don't do that often), i kill their adc multiple times or its a farm lane because both sides can keep away from the other and just farm their way to victory. I don't make too many mistakes in the laning phase as ADC (teamfights are another story and i bungle them really badly). However laning phase i usually win or tie the enemy ADC, i do lose because i'm bad in teamfights but missfortune is just so hard to outplay, i'm not asking for much but riot at least look at her and determine if she is abusive in lane or not right now.

She is really strong and just very hard to beat in lane regardless of how I play or which supports i have (unless i have taric, taric MF is the hardest damn lane to beat, and taric needs a nerf too) I'm not big on very drastic nerfs but either her damage needs to be toned down OR she needs to actually be harrassable right now its so hard to get any damage on her and keep her strut down, if you do the lane is much more manageable but the good ones will not give you that opportunity and they will force you to play passive which is what they want also it seems that regardless of how you play MF wants you to play that way because she has the kit to counter MOST styles of play passive or aggressive.

If people do think she is in a good spot please explain why don't just downvote and say L2P NOOBZ because i will disregard your comment and not respond to it. and while you are at it please enlighten me how to play against miss fortune so she isn't quite as abusive, because i haven't found a stratagy yet that works against her very well unless my support is on top of everything or the the MF is not very good with bot lane dynamics and how to use her to her strengths. Against moderately competent MFs she is very difficult to win against. I play Draven, EZ and Twitch mostly and Varus to an extent though. The closest i come to winning against MF is with Draven i come very close in lanes with tough and good enemy MFs however MF is still more abusive than Draven which makes her quite the tough lane opponent. Please enlighten me if you think otherwise. I will remind everyone that MF isn't really OP because she can be beat and she can be outplayed what I am saying is that right now she is very strong, hard to counter and hard to outplay because of they way she works and that makes her very abusive in lane and that just needs to be toned down so she doesn't just abuse the **** out of every ADC that isn't Caitlyn.

Gadius

01-23-2013

Learn urgot, he is awesome against almost all adc carrys. The only exceptions are ez and cait, but that's why you counter pick if you can.

The Lord Impaler

01-23-2013

It seems Mandatory that no matter how sensible, thoughtful and detailed an analysis someone makes for why a Champ is OP some one will always try to counter that argument by claiming said champ has at least one hard counter (in this case Urgot). This is irrelevant even if true, because with nearly a hundred champions their will ALWAYS be a hard counter to any champ, the question is dose a champion win a disproportionate percentage because they dominate a greater then normal number of other champions.

Earl of Madness

01-23-2013

MF isn't too bad right now she isn't like old rumble or talon i'd like people to know that she isn't like impossible to win. but right now she can be a bit abusive in lane and it makes her very hard to play against right now and very difficult to counter even if you select the proper counters. The champions that really shut her down i've found are those able to keep strut down. That comes down to support, but they also have a support and nunu and taric make MF a powerhouse that is difficult to shut down even with a competant support. MF wins a larger sum of her games and though it isn't too bad i do think she needs to be toned down.

Earl of Madness

01-24-2013

oh look a downvote i'm not surprised and without even mentioning what is wrong with my logic in this post. I think my post is well thought out and well reasoned i even have statistics backing up my point and still downvote, there is no pleasing this community, ask for buffs and downvotes, ask for nerfs, get a downvote, if i asked for a buff on MF they would complain too, guess there is no winning with the league community.
It wouldn't be so bad if people actually told you what they thought rather than just downvoting.

MicKretz

01-24-2013

Well....MF has been my main since season 1, one of the first champs i bought and i always enjoyed playing her and beating other ADC's (espec Ez)

Hardly any1 played her until now....it seems everyone is jumping on the MF bandwagon and i think its due to 2 major things....the Ez Nerf and the item Black Cleaver. That BC stacking with the ulti + the extra HP is just what she needed for the icing on the cake of items in the last 2 seasons.

Her biggest drawback has always been squishy and NO ESCAPE yet her biggest victory was that she has good dmg output in the early laning phase and BEFORE she used to fall off late game cuz Ulti was only good for clearing minion waves but now Ulti good all the way until the end.

So her only diff is the late game, THEREFORE, to beat her in Season 3 you need to do the same things you did in Season 1-2...shut her down in the laning phase (yes i know thats what you wrote about, so here is some options)

Remember she still has little HP, no escape, and (not mentioned yet) poor mana (cant spam double up) All you need to do is take advantage of those things, the easiest way to win against her is to type in chat to ur jungle "gank MF plz" If you burn her flash (her only escape) you just created a huge problem for her, if you knock her hp down w/o killing her, she goes back to base and your ahead in CS/LvLs and try that gank again to kill / burn that flash.

ONCE she gets to lvl 6, you need to learn the ART of fleeing from MF side to side and NOT backwards (still getting hit buy ulti) and if you are EZ, arcane shift is great for neutralizing an MF ulti....IF she cast ulti and you have no hp to begin with, then you need to examine what caused that situation in the first place and work on that....try to bait her/get her to cast ulti as an initiator and not a clean up crew early laning, that way you increase ur chance of dodging it

BUT YES she has always been abusive in lane, you just may not have noticed it b4 cuz not everyone and their mother was playing her until now :0

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl of Madness View Post
Now I realize that people always get upset over the nerf threads because they always hate to see their favorite champions nerfed but I don't think i'm going overboard to say that Miss Fortune needs a nerf right now.
After reading this part I no longer have any interest in what you have to say. Keep that in mind next time you make something like this.

Obnot

01-24-2013

I think Mf is the weakest ad c there is in the game, I would rather play sivir or try and ad c janna. . .

Mf has 0 escapes
all of mf abilitys seem useless endgame
passive is weak.

with this being said, i would just get ad runes and masterys and play any range mage before i would play mf, and probally do just as good.

EvilTreeSpock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Mf has 0 escapes
all of mf abilitys seem useless endgame
passive is weak.
I think she started getting really strong with the buffs at the end of season 2. Her passive lets her move crazy fast allowing her to back and get back to lane with almost no down time which give her a huge advantage in that regard. 419 movement speed at lvl 1 with boots. Thats already faster than most champs get endgame.
Double up can do a lot of damage with few good responses. And while she doesn't have an "escape" she has a reliable slow and can easily get away over a long chase. She also has a pretty decent as steroid that reduces healing and does extra damage. Plus high damage AOE ult.

She could definitely use a slight nerf to take away her crazy dominance.

masterdragon481

01-24-2013

I agree with something being done, but mostly to her utli. its too long ranged and highly damaging atm i think. The black cleaver change (and general changes to penetration) has made this ulti very very strong, to the point of it being too strong.