Is it a good idea to Spam Ranked Games ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheRedFlash

01-24-2013

I have played a total of 5 ranked games. I managed to carry 1 of them won 1 and the rest i lost.After the 5 games i had some serious thoughts before playing ranked i would go boasting in normals coz i can get legendary by the 15min mark and now i cant even carry a ranked game. So i went back into normals for about 2 weeks.

So i was wondering is it a good idea to Continiously Play Ranked Over and over to get better or Play normals and practice.

Joetoe

01-24-2013

Absolutely. If you play golf and you want to get better, do you play or do you think about playing? You play.

Same goes for ranked. Get out there, and play! Your elo might go down. You might hit 900. But I guarantee, it will go up again.

Believeinsteve

01-24-2013

In my opinion, depends on yourself

1. If your tired, both fatigued & "sleep" wise, then no you shouldn't be playing ranked games.

2. Are you hungry? No, don't eat while you play, its just bad, you know it is, so does everybody else. At the very least, before you queue next, eat a well rounded delicious meal. Delicious meals put me in happy moods, which leas me to my next point.

3. Are you ready to focus? Are you angry? Sad? Can't keep your mind off something or someone? If you answered no to all of those except ready to focus, then your alright for #3.

I'm sure theres many more but those are the basics.

I personally am not going to play ranked because I don't want to feel like what I did is for nothing, finding new mains to help me through it myself. Waiting for the new league system to come out.

The thing is about ranked. Play the character that you good at. Honestly. If you play ADC and you suck hell at it, just don't. Your teammates will get mad at you. So what. Until the new league system, you won't have to worry about seeing the same people. I play solo lanes specifically unless its support but even then its rare. I just work well by myself unless I'm getting stomped in lane and I get an occasional gank or babysit. Even then thats rare. I'm susceptible to playing bruisers & elise is my main, and is the only one I don't play thats not qualified as a bruiser.

I can play her bot/mid/top. I've jungled a couple times but I perform better as a laner.

Even if you have to duo top do it. Whatever doesn't bring down your team. If they rage & get mad, afk etc etc, just ignore it. Even though them getting mad isn't good for the team, it could be alot worse if you played something you don't know how to or play well as. You basically just weigh out the positives & negatives & finally come to whats good & what isn't.

Wow that was a long "rant"

But yeah...enjoy

Holycecil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

No.. Play another 100 normal games and really focus on your gameplay. You will really regret if you do spam ranked and fall to 900, the climb back up will be annoying.

Attica

01-24-2013

Don't play normals if u want to get better. The players will just make you worse by making you develop bad habits. You always see funky lane comps too in normals.

iVow

01-24-2013

I tend to only play ranked when i'am on a win streak in normal's.

Lexie

01-24-2013

If you really want to improve, you should keep playing ranked. Normals just don't compare. You'll never know how high of an elo you might get if you are too scared to play ranked. And the new League system is hopefully coming soon so you won't even have to worry about your elo.