[Champion Concept] Reaver 09, The Perfect Assassin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lootzifer

01-23-2013

Just a champ concept I have, I can't draw so I'll just describe what I'm thinking of his look.

Personality: An ironically light sense of humor. His personality quickly switches to serious while in combat, and switches back when out of combat. This is unique because he'd be the only champion who switches personalities depending on combat. /joke while out of combat would be just like any other. While in combat /joke will say "nows not the time" in a noticeably more serious voice.Think of him as Deadpool out of combat, and wolverine in combat. The light personality is his inner child he never got to express before, but in combat, he becomes serious.

Abilities:

(basic attacks have the standard melee 125 attack range)

Passive: Reload:
Reaver needs bullets to use abilities. Every 3 seconds, he uses 10% of his base mana to generate another bullet. He may hold up to 6 bullets at any time. Gaining a bullet will empower a basic attack within the next second to deal 10% bonus damage. Bonus Mana does not mean increased mana costs.

Q: Shoot to Kill(600 Range):
Reaver fires his revolver at a target ( 600 range) Uses 1 bullet. 12/11/10/9/8 second CD (TY Epic Frog Ninja). Deals 40/70/120/150/200 + (60% of Bonus AD). If target's movement is impaired by No Mercy, this attack Deals 150% damage. (8/7/6/5/4 sec CD)

W: Shadow Trap:
Passive: 5/6/7/8/9/10% movement speed. 7/9/11/13/15% movement speed while in combat.

Active: Reaver drops a trap at his feet that arms after 1 second. This trap lasts 3 minutes. If an enemy steps on this trap, they are feared and thrown into darkness for 1 second (Just like Graves' W darkness). The person hit is revealed for 2 seconds, and Reaver gains movement speed as if he was in combat for 5 seconds. (25 sec cd)

E: No Mercy(375 range):
Reaver fires 2 bullets into his targets knees, stunning them for 1 second and dealing 20/40/60/80/100 damage per shot. (+ 10% of bonus AD per shot) (15/14/13/12/11 second CD)

R: Wrath of the Reavers: (1000 Range):
Reaver's pistol powers up, and after a 1 second delay an incredibly powerful shot at a target. It deals 100/200/300% of Bonus AD. This ability expends 6 bullets. If you have less than 6 bullets, you will instantly reload to 6. Every bullet reloaded this way costs 10% of maximum mana and increases charge up time by .1 seconds. If you don't have enough mana to reload to 6, this ability will not cast

(Possible Idea)
Unique Item:
Reaver can buy Mana Edge, which give his knife an upgraded look. Costs 3000. It grants +3 AD and +30 Mana per level. An extra bonus of +15 AD and +60 Mana is given at level 7, 13, and 18. (Max Bonus at 18 is 99 AD and 720 Mana) This item is to offset his high reliance on mana and still provide AD.

What role does he fit: He is a safe top laner. He can counter AD casters mid, such as talon and khazix. He can support with this stun. He can use stalker to ward neutral camps, baron, dragon, and even the enemy jungler while counter jungling. He would have very slow clear times due to lack aoe, but his stealth and stun would give him excellent ganking potential

In team fights, he can poke before the fight starts, he can protect the teams adc with his stun, and he can take out any out of place squishy champs with his ult.

Recommended Build: CDR Boots, Muramana ( His Essential Item), Infinity Edge, Bloodthirster, Blackcleaver, Merc Scimitar, Maw of Mal.

Drawbacks: No innate sustain. Relies on mobility and CC to survive, not tankiness. Higher than average mana hunger.

Role: A ranged AD solo top / mid champ with ranged spells. He can be played as a support for his CC early, but can scale into an AD caster late game. Not viable as ADC or jungle.

Why I think he would fit: Unique mechanics and form of resource.

Appearance: Think of the type of armor the commando skins use, except it is black with a dark grey trim. He wears a dark mask with only Red glowing eyes visible under his hood. Very dark assassin type look. Think of of a mix between corvo from Dishonored and a sith lord. He has a revolver that looks something like this http://www.flickr.com/photos/tpgj/7467977984/. His revolver is used only for spells. He has a knife that he holds like this with his gun:http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...cKnife_MW3.png While running fast from ghost or speed altar, he sprints with weapons to the side.

Lore: A Zaunite organization kidnapped 3 young children in order to mold them into perfect assassins, known as The Reavers. The goal was to profit off the most elite assassin's possible. Reavers were all equipped with a special weapon in accordance with their speciaties. In the case of Reaver 09, a deadly revolver enchanted to spawn it's own ammo using the innate power of it's user. When a rival organization found out about The Reavers, they launch an operation to kill The Reavers. ( The others were Reaver 07, and Reaver 13, the names were to throw off rivals as to how many Reavers there really were.) Reaver 09 shot his way out out of the attack, and got out safe. The fate of the other Reavers was unknown to him. Unsure of where to go, he enlisted in the League of Legends to hopefully attract the attention of a city-state, so that he may be hired and given a new home. He adopted the name Reaver in honor of his two friends.

Quotes: ( often breaks 4th wall)
Out of Combat:
Actions: (multiple clicks) "I saw your click the first time, relax"; "You better be moving me to a nice dinner"; (upon using summoner spells) "Fancy shmancy summoner spells, I like it!"; (attacking minions)"mehhh";"and awayyy we go"; (chance when clicking fog of war) "I really don't understand where this fog comes from."
Taunt: Hi I'm Reaver 09, you must be one of those noobs I keep hearing about.
Joke: "When my target goes missing, I hope nothing bad happened to them."
Ultimate: I bid thee, FAREWELL
walks over dead enemy: (rare) "sorry bro nothing personal, just business"

In Combat:
Any attempt to emote: "Quiet we need to focus", emotes dont work after that.
No sounds while clicking
Exiting combat "im ok, im ok, I hope"; "Long live the reavers"
Exiting combat with a killrare) "You're splitting that gold with me right?"

Death: "Peace at last."

EpicFrogNinja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I'll review. You are missing a few numbers (mana costs, range), so I'll suggest some.

Passive: Very unique idea. It's pretty cool.

Q: The cool down is way too short for such a high-damage ranged skill. I would suggest a 12/11/10/9/8 second cool down. Since the ability already costs a bullet, it shouldn't cost any mana to cast. It should probably have 800 range.

W: This is a solid escape and mobility ability. This spell should actually cost 60/65/70/75/80 mana, since it doesn't need a bullet.

E: This is a pretty standard damage stun, To make it more unique, maybe give it scaling range. Perhaps 450/550/650/750/850. Just a note: How does he shoot Nocturne's kneecaps? Well, I suppose Noc can also buy boots, so just LoL logic.

R: Awesome ulti. It's a great skill for an assasin and fits with his theme.

Could you also take a look at my concept?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3025148
Thanks.

Lootzifer

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicFrogNinja View Post
I'll review. You are missing a few numbers (mana costs, range), so I'll suggest some.

Passive: Very unique idea. It's pretty cool.

Q: The cool down is way too short for such a high-damage ranged skill. I would suggest a 12/11/10/9/8 second cool down. Since the ability already costs a bullet, it shouldn't cost any mana to cast. It should probably have 800 range.

W: This is a solid escape and mobility ability. This spell should actually cost 60/65/70/75/80 mana, since it doesn't need a bullet.

E: This is a pretty standard damage stun, To make it more unique, maybe give it scaling range. Perhaps 450/550/650/750/850. Just a note: How does he shoot Nocturne's kneecaps? Well, I suppose Noc can also buy boots, so just LoL logic.

R: Awesome ulti. It's a great skill for an assasin and fits with his theme.

Could you also take a look at my concept?
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3025148
Thanks.
THANKS! as for his E, because it applies damage twice, it's muramana would provide significant burst, and the combo with his Q would be insanely OP if he could do this from 800 range. It'd be a high damage, low risk burst.

Lootzifer

01-24-2013

and updated

Nazrethim

01-24-2013

This is one of the best champions Ive ever seen.
I wonder if you are going to add the champion's quotes later ^^

Lootzifer

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazrethim View Post
This is one of the best champions Ive ever seen.
I wonder if you are going to add the champion's quotes later ^^
Added. Hope you like them, tried to say thematically consistent as possible.

Lootzifer

01-25-2013

updated to new W

Lootzifer

01-27-2013

shameless bump :\

BrokenSteele

01-27-2013

Have you not decided on what the AD Ratio for his E and R abilities are?

Lootzifer

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenSteele View Post
Have you not decided on what the AD Ratio for his E and R abilities are?
an AD ratio on his E and R would be ridiculous. With muramana he'd have the highest burst in the game. The reason he applies single damage multiple times is muramana synergy. But I did forget to increase ult's damage. Which I will do now.