Vi New Bugs Found.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

I really like Vi, but she still feel so damn clunky when I play her and my friends hate when I play her because of this. She has an insane time hitting someone even if they are right next to her.

Arance

02-02-2013

Found another Vi bug for you Gypsy.

In Dominion, if Vi is charging her Q and then clicks to begin capping a point, her Q will refund mana and have no CD. Similar to the previous Improved Recall bug, this can allow her to at times constantly be charging Q and canceling it while near an enemy/neutral point.

(Although in all honesty I'd half hate to see this one fixed, only because Dom's click detection on points is very often wonky and frustrating to deal with...)

thatoneguyKaz

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
When you say "clicking" do you mean "pressing Q" or "pressing the icon?"

I also noted a bug myself last night while playing Vi. When you have her Neon Strike Skin her W's passive proc will cause her to turn blue (similar to when alistar used to turn blue after using an ability). just like alistar, it was funny at first but got annoying and distracting.

SpreadThoseLegs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2013

Double posted somehow. /sadface

SpreadThoseLegs

02-02-2013

Quote:
2. Vi's ult getting canceled by Yi Alpha Strike is intended functionality. It makes him go untargetable.
Lee's kick is probably also intended functionality. AFTER Vi starts the slam animation she is able to be CC'd but will still always apply R's full damage and CC to her target. So Lee should be able to kick her but it shouldn't cancel the damage and CC on her ult. Do you think this is what happened?
I believe there might be a confusion here because in this Vi's Champion Spotlight, Phreak even says and i quote "While using her ult she becomes immune to CC". So maybe it's a bug or something else. It's also mainly not during her Slam animation it's during her charge animation when I got CCd, like as I was charging the adc the lee came over and used his ult to kick me away and therefore my ult failed. Also, for an ult to go on CD especially Vi's ult, when it takes time to get to the person doesnt make sense for it to go on CD when used on a YI that does Alpha Strike. Because then realistically you never used it so therefore it shouldn't go on CD.

Heres the link to Vi's Champ Spotlight. Fastforward to 1:45.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp3ZrRJz-ZY

Sry for my fail quote, don't know how to make it say who I quoted from. =(

baloons

02-05-2013

A similar cc'd while ulting bug:

I was knocked back by jayce during my ult travel time.. I ended up dealing no damage, and then being transported back to where I started the ult from. :-(

On the alpha strike yi canceling ult because of untargetable, I had this happen with vlad's pool as well. I'm guessing this is also intended, so don't get caught into wasting your ult :-)

Hoisengerd

02-05-2013

Vi Q still bugged, if you get cc'd during it she still goes into lockdown and gets stuck in the charge animation without being able to attack

seems to happen mostly with silences

Gooooober

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Thanks for the reports.
1. Will look into this. Need to talk to Gmang

2. Vi's ult getting canceled by Yi Alpha Strike is intended functionality. It makes him go untargetable.
Lee's kick is probably also intended functionality. AFTER Vi starts the slam animation she is able to be CC'd but will still always apply R's full damage and CC to her target. So Lee should be able to kick her but it shouldn't cancel the damage and CC on her ult. Do you think this is what happened?

3. Hmmm I've heard of this a few times but have never been able to repro it. Could you explain the circumstances? Was it caused by hitting Q twice really fast? Were you smart casting?

4. I have a feeling this is intended. Ezreal's E can get him out of pretty much anything thanks to its cast time. Once cast, spells in our game will always finish casting unless they are channels of have been special cased (Skarner Ult). I'm guessing what happened is:
1)Ezreal saw Vi coming and Cast E.
2) Vi reached Ezreal before E finished casting and started her slam animation.
3) Ezreal's E finished casting mid-slam, allowing him to tp over the wall.

5. Gonna look into this one. Think I know what's causing it so may be able to repro when I get back to the office.

Thanks again for the reports!
What about when you cast Vi's ult, but die before any damage is done to any creep/minion/champ in the process, should it still be on cd? I've died while using her ult numerous times when I hardly took 1 step forward or had the champ in the air & it went on cd. No damage was done, & no assist given because no damage has been done since the damage hits when they are slammed back down, yet the CC helped a teammate get the kill. I ask because I notice that if say, Darius uses his ult & the champ dies before he slams down on them, his ult is reset & not on a cd. Since Vi's ult needs to be targeted like Darius', if no damage is done (including during the charge) & no CC is placed, then why the cd? If CC is placed but no damage is done yet the champ still dies from a teammate, why no assist? Since her ult cannot be used for other means (i.e., Ahri or Akali to dash away/escape, Soraka to heal, triggered on/off like Swain or Anivia, or channeled like Fidds who can get silenced or interrputed, etc. etc.) I had to ask about this issue.

Was this how her ult was intended? I've posted about a dozen times, would love to finally hear from a red in regards to this.

Thank you.

Drag0n Slayer

02-05-2013

Quote:
2-Second, Ive noticed some champions where you ult them with her Assault and Battery it will bug out and won't even launch but it goes on cd. One champion that it does it on is Master Yi when he does his Alpha Strike. A few other champions is the same thing but can't remember who they were I'll get back to you on that. Just remembered another, sometimes when Lee Sin does his ult while Vi does hers as she is charging someone, it will interupt it and it goes on cd, I believe these shouldnt happen as I saw a few times her ult is supposed to be immune to crowd control.
I can imagine this is because during Yi's Q he actually disappears and cant be hit or injured directly (indirectly like dots still effect him), I'm sure if you did it on Talon and he did his ult it would stop as well, and also Wukong on his clone if it disappeared. Akali in her bubble would probably have same effect.

Try them out with someone you know to see if all these chars do the same thing. if they do its probably not a bug.

Drag0n Slayer

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
What about when you cast Vi's ult, but die before any damage is done to any creep/minion/champ in the process, should it still be on cd? I've died while using her ult numerous times when I hardly took 1 step forward or had the champ in the air & it went on cd. No damage was done, & no assist given because no damage has been done since the damage hits when they are slammed back down, yet the CC helped a teammate get the kill. I ask because I notice that if say, Darius uses his ult & the champ dies before he slams down on them, his ult is reset & not on a cd. Since Vi's ult needs to be targeted like Darius', if no damage is done (including during the charge) & no CC is placed, then why the cd? If CC is placed but no damage is done yet the champ still dies from a teammate, why no assist? Since her ult cannot be used for other means (i.e., Ahri or Akali to dash away/escape, Soraka to heal, triggered on/off like Swain or Anivia, or channeled like Fidds who can get silenced or interrputed, etc. etc.) I had to ask about this issue.

Was this how her ult was intended? I've posted about a dozen times, would love to finally hear from a red in regards to this.

Thank you.
Yes it should go on CD, all ults if canceled in the middle will go into CD. Katerina is a prime example of this.