Vi New Bugs Found.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solaris17

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-30-2013

When I play Vi My ult goes on CD when init yi or vlad and they alpha strike and whatever that blood pool stuff is. I imagine its the same with kass and any other champ that has a "not targetable ult"

Also if im clicking alot and I hit E she will literally half punch a few times until I stop for a second and click again and wait for her to do it. This shouldnt be interruptable.
9
I dont have a problem with Vi jumping in the air (enemy dies) and her ult going on CD I mean se did commit. but her ult is a "grab" class imo and should interuppt untargetables. unlike the blitz grab which locks on contact she locks on prior to physically touching them. imo this should mean her ult cannot be interupted by untargetables since she is "sight" locked.

just an opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpreadThoseLegs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

01-31-2013

bump, just like to add they just put up patch notes with Vi included, yet they avoided majority of her bugs and didn't even address anyones notice to these bugs. Wheres the service/justice? People find bugs, report it and I guess they get ignored?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheJormungandr

Junior Member

02-01-2013

I noticed this. I was really looking forward to a fixed Vi, but after reading the patch notes I was sadly disappointed and I'm sure the rest of us Vi players are disappointed as well...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

02-01-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreadThoseLegs View Post
Hi there! I've been playing Vi a lot lately and i love her so much, her abilities are awsome but I also have been running into a few bugs here and there.

1-To start off with a small bug, if you have the Skin for Vi, Neon Strike Vi, you'll notice that her /taunt puts on her sunglasses and back on her head vis versa. But I noticed during gameplay while using many of her varius moves even her ult after words, say you had the glasses on, they disapear. This happens almost everytime. Majority of her moves will make her Pink sunglasses disapear and you have to spam taunt to bring it back.

2-Second, Ive noticed some champions where you ult them with her Assault and Battery it will bug out and won't even launch but it goes on cd. One champion that it does it on is Master Yi when he does his Alpha Strike. A few other champions is the same thing but can't remember who they were I'll get back to you on that. Just remembered another, sometimes when Lee Sin does his ult while Vi does hers as she is charging someone, it will interupt it and it goes on cd, I believe these shouldnt happen as I saw a few times her ult is supposed to be immune to crowd control.

3-Third bug I found while playing her is when she does her Vault Breaker, I've noticed that while attacking either jungle or creeps in general theres sometimes if you click Vault Breaker to fast it will still be casting but you wont be able to click it again to finish it. Almost as if its blind casting, as well you wont be able to use other moves because it says abilities aren't ready yet.

4- Just found another bug with her ult Assault and Battery, while using her ult say on an Ezreal and he flashes over a wall you bug out and dont follow him sometimes, instead you finish your ult away from him instead of actually following him.

5-While playing Vi, i found yet another wonderful bug, while using her Excessive Force I noticed sometimes after you cast it say on an enemy champion and your clicking fast with your mouse to make sure you hit that champion, and say you want to run away immediatly after in fear of ganks or tower, Vi will continuously run foward as if she was taunted. Happens almost everytime I play her top vs any hero. The slight taunt that makes you run forward actually costed me deaths because I couldn't go back fast enough after using Excessive Force say when I was near the tower and I just get destroyed.
Thanks for the reports.
1. Will look into this. Need to talk to Gmang

2. Vi's ult getting canceled by Yi Alpha Strike is intended functionality. It makes him go untargetable.
Lee's kick is probably also intended functionality. AFTER Vi starts the slam animation she is able to be CC'd but will still always apply R's full damage and CC to her target. So Lee should be able to kick her but it shouldn't cancel the damage and CC on her ult. Do you think this is what happened?

3. Hmmm I've heard of this a few times but have never been able to repro it. Could you explain the circumstances? Was it caused by hitting Q twice really fast? Were you smart casting?

4. I have a feeling this is intended. Ezreal's E can get him out of pretty much anything thanks to its cast time. Once cast, spells in our game will always finish casting unless they are channels of have been special cased (Skarner Ult). I'm guessing what happened is:
1)Ezreal saw Vi coming and Cast E.
2) Vi reached Ezreal before E finished casting and started her slam animation.
3) Ezreal's E finished casting mid-slam, allowing him to tp over the wall.

5. Gonna look into this one. Think I know what's causing it so may be able to repro when I get back to the office.

Thanks again for the reports!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Henry Plainview

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
Ezreal's E can get him out of pretty much anything thanks to its cast time.
Indeed, I HATE EZREAL


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KnightOblivion

Member

02-01-2013

3-Third bug I found while playing her is when she does her Vault Breaker, I've noticed that while attacking either jungle or creeps in general theres sometimes if you click Vault Breaker to fast it will still be casting but you wont be able to click it again to finish it. Almost as if its blind casting, as well you wont be able to use other moves because it says abilities aren't ready yet.

I just had this happen to me as I was playing Vi. There was a large team fight near purple wraiths. I was attacking, then attempted to use my Q as a quick CC and w proc, but the skill became locked out, just like the post described.

I believe I attempted to quickly double cast Vault breaker, and then Excessive Force. Maybe casting Excessive Force when attempting to quickly cast Vault Breaker has something to do with it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arance

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
3. Hmmm I've heard of this a few times but have never been able to repro it. Could you explain the circumstances? Was it caused by hitting Q twice really fast? Were you smart casting?
I've had this happen a couple times lately and as mentioned it seems to be related to pressing Q and trying to use it really quickly. However its via clicking for me, I don't have smart cast on.

Another bug that I know has been mentioned before, but I don't see here: If there is a Vi on both teams, if one of them is using the Neon skin that Vi's model will turn completely blue (as if there was a missing texture file) for several seconds whenever she procs W. I've seen this consistently since her release and have heard the same from many other people, so I can say for certain its not my client.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gypsylord

Champion Designer

02-01-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
I've had this happen a couple times lately and as mentioned it seems to be related to pressing Q and trying to use it really quickly. However its via clicking for me, I don't have smart cast on.

Another bug that I know has been mentioned before, but I don't see here: If there is a Vi on both teams, if one of them is using the Neon skin that Vi's model will turn completely blue (as if there was a missing texture file) for several seconds whenever she procs W. I've seen this consistently since her release and have heard the same from many other people, so I can say for certain its not my client.
When you say "clicking" do you mean "pressing Q" or "pressing the icon?"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regentlord

Senior Member

02-01-2013

Just dropping in to confirm that I had the Vault Breaker bug happen to me tonight, it was charging but it looked like it was casting and I couldn't "let go" so that it would go off. Couldn't tell what caused it, but I believe it has to do with being hit by certain roots right when you start casting, maybe?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arance

Senior Member

02-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsylord View Post
When you say "clicking" do you mean "pressing Q" or "pressing the icon?"
As in pressing Q to start the charge, and quickly clicking the mouse to use the ability.

And for a more specific description of what occurs, after clicking the mouse, the charge stalls, the ability doesn't go off, and the skill indicator line doesn't extend (it remains a stunted little nub barely extending from Vi). I am then unable to use Q again, and I assume unable to auto-attack or use other abilities. After several seconds, the Q fizzles, I assume because the Q charge timed out, and am able to do everything normally again. Sorry for the 'assumes', I'm fairly certain that is how it occurs but can't say so 100% because it tend to happen in the middle of the most hectic fights.