this is why GW2 is dying

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TreemeisterLOL

01-23-2013

People generally come from other MMOs and play Guild Wars 2 like any other MMO out there. They grind main quests and get to max level within a week, and then get full exotic gear within 2 weeks. They now have the max stats and max level, therefore they lose the drive to continue. In other words, they are done. Fans of GW2 (like myself) realize that it isn't just another MMO, you play it similar to how you drink a fine wine or eat a really good steak, you take it slow and enjoy it (yeah I am not fat btw lol). So on terms of a game like swotr or wow, you finish the game after getting max gear and level. But on terms of GW2, you still have a lot to explore and do, along with WvW and other types of PvP. So for those saying "GW2 has less end game than WoW" yes that is true, because the developers didn't want you to rush to max level to start enjoying the game, they wanted you to enjoy from level 1.

Carapace

01-23-2013

Elder Scrolls Online.

TreemeisterLOL

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
Elder Scrolls Online.
I singed up for the beta today DDD

Carapace

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreemeisterLOL View Post
I singed up for the beta today DDD
Good luck to you, fellow milk drinker.

.....FOR THE DAGGERFALL COVENANT

gankas kon

01-23-2013

There is plenty of endgame. Legendary weapons take forever to get.

The game isn't social. No one talks, no one goes back to old zones, partying is a chore, dungeons are a chore

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreemeisterLOL View Post
because the developers didn't want you to rush to max level to start enjoying the game, they wanted you to enjoy from level 1.
I'm not saying this statement isn't valid, it's just that comparatively speaking I mean it a bit weak. It's great if you can enjoy the leveling process, but if the endgame content is not 'really' that existent, it seems a bit of a waste. Perhaps that was just me though. PvE wasn't even that great while the PvP was fleshed out, something to be expected of a game by the name of Guild Wars. WoW at least had the best of both worlds, Heroic 25-man Ulduar and 2s Arena were great fun.

And it was K

01-23-2013

Took it slow. Got bored before reaching max level. Had to force myself to get there, then never touched it again.

TenseiSan

01-24-2013

I tried playing it and liking it, but it just doesn't work for me. A recurring theme is that most of the interesting elements such as questing are only interesting and 'new' on the surface. In practice you're still killing x amount of mobs, it's just presented in a different way.

That aside, other MMOs like Secret World completely spoiled me for questing, storytelling and instances because it's just handled insanely well (Instances are basically back to back fun bossfights, with no annoying trash mobs inbetween), while nothing comes close to the combat system of TERA. Even grinding random mobs in TERA is more interesting to me than most quests in GW2.