I think they are needed descrimination still occurs. 3 37.50%
I dont think they are needed as people are hired based on merit. 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Are Laws Requiring Minimum Percentage Employees Still Necessary?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CatchandKiss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
It means no such thing. By the same logic, the Patriot Act proves that the people voted for it indirectly by electing Republicans to office.

Also do you not know what gerrymandering is? a majority of any party in any legislative body is a meaningless thing
I don't blame you guys for voting for the people that voted for that act.
But I do blame you guys for not voting for anyone that cares about repealing it.

kirby145x

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
If Democrats controlled the congree because more people voted Democrat, and they did so knowing that Democat policy was contra discrimination then that pretty much proves the point that most people don't need laws to hate discrimination.
Not that this is related to the issue but....

The way I see it the Democrat/Republican control of congress is not really a majority by popular vote. Each state gets their own, and that is heavily influenced by where the districts are drawn on the map and other stuff. Each state wants a say in how the country is run.

It's not necessarily that "more people voted Democrat" in that sense. Well, sometimes it is, but the point is that its not a simple process.

Dobagoh

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby145x View Post

The way I see it the Democrat/Republican control of congress is not really a majority by popular vote. Each state gets their own, and that is heavily influenced by where the districts are drawn on the map and other stuff. Each state wants a say in how the country is run.

It's not necessarily that "more people voted Democrat" in that sense. Well, sometimes it is, but the point is that its not a simple process.
don't expect a simple minded foreigner to presume to understand the us federal system of government

Powerstoned

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby145x View Post

I do wish congress was majority elected instead of the silly system we have now, where alaskan and wyoming voters whose populations equal most big city's outlying suburbs, get 2 senators to vote, just like CA and NY.

Dobagoh

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerstoned View Post
I do wish congress was majority elected instead of the silly system we have now, where alaskan and wyoming voters whose populations equal most big city's outlying suburbs, get 2 senators to vote, just like CA and NY.
That's what the House of Representatives is for.

Powerstoned

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
That's what the House of Representatives is for.
Really? Have you seen the makeup of the House right now?

Would you say that's a fair representation of the current voter's mentality? Or a bunch of obstructionists actually fighting against the will of the majority simply to retain their position within their own party?

I know how the houses are put together, and the idiots in the house do follow population numbers better, but as powerful as senators are, the senate simply needs to be fixed. In no circumstance ever, should a house representative represent more people than a senator, simply put.