I think they are needed descrimination still occurs. 3 37.50%
I dont think they are needed as people are hired based on merit. 5 62.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Are Laws Requiring Minimum Percentage Employees Still Necessary?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

So if I can recall correctly there are certain laws requiring minimum number of female employees?

Do you think these laws still serve any purpose?

If a group of all males are better at performing a job, is it fair to have to include a female?
Also do you think society has come far enough so that a jobseeker would be employeed based on merit and not discriminated against for being of a certain gender?

If females arent descriminated for, do you think they will be discriminated against?

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
If a group of all males are better at performing a job, is it fair to have to include a female?
For the company? No.
For the females looking to get a job? Yes.
For everybody else? Depends on the individual, I would say no.

Quote:
If females arent descriminated for, do you think they will be discriminated against?
Definitely so.

Aliath

01-23-2013

It is unjust to favor or disfavor any human based on factors which do not impact their job performance.

I think the generation of people in their 20's and 30's and younger would largely hire on merit.

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliath View Post
It is unjust to favor or disfavor any human based on factors wnothich do not impact their job performance.

I think the generation of people in their 20's and 30's and younger would largely hire on merit.
Not many people in there 20s and 30s are in that position of power yet.

Aliath

01-23-2013

Quote:
Not many people in there 20s and 30s are in that position of power yet.
I know. I mean to assert that, gradually, society will come to that point. Right now, it is a little more ambiguous and changes depending on your locale.

CatchandKiss

01-23-2013

I don't know any women that have that ever been denied a job on account of they were women.
However I do know many men that were turned down from jobs on account of they were men.

But do I ever ***** about it like a whiny pinko feminist? No way, Jose. If an employer wants to discriminate it's nobody else's beeswax.

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchandKiss View Post
I don't know any women that have that ever been denied a job on account of they were women.
However I do know many men that were turned down from jobs on account of they were men.

But do I ever ***** about it like a whiny pinko feminist? No way, Jose. If an employer wants to discriminate it's nobody else's beeswax.
Discrimination is against the law!

Dobagoh

01-23-2013

Quote:
So if I can recall correctly there are certain laws requiring minimum number of female employees?

Do you think these laws still serve any purpose?

Also do you think society has come far enough so that a jobseeker would be employeed based on merit and not discriminated against for being of a certain gender?

There are no such laws in the US, and if they exist in Australia, no wonder your country is such a terrible place to live.

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobagoh View Post
There are no such laws in the US, and if they exist in Australia, no wonder your country is such a terrible place to live.
You so jelly of Australia.

Fujiou

01-23-2013

I don't think such laws exist, at least not here.

Universities (and perhaps employers) used to be required to follow quotas as far as race, and I think sex, but those have long since been outlawed.