Help with bot lane Strats?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iPewPewUqueque

01-23-2013

What do you do bot lane when the opposing team comp is much stronger and can muscle you out of your lane?

I've been practicing a lot of my adc play recently, and I played a game not too long ago where the enemy duo bot were just too strong to play offensively against, and I just did not know what to do. I was ez with a support lulu vs a cait with a support taric.

I kept the lane in perfect ganking position the whole time, extended past river, closer to my turret but not under my turret, never got a single gank by the way, and simply focused on cs'ing and playing super passively until we could get to late game. Every time my support and I would try to engage, they simply had too much power and could counter push us out. My support died once in lane but that was the only kills the enemy cait received in lane. Needless to say we all went until we exhausted our 3 potions, my support and I recalled and in one push they took our turret from 100% health and began to roam. This was by level 8 or 9 ish, about 13-15 minutes in, and this is when my team started to complain that "/all GG Bot Lane sucks." I simply returned to lane, kept farming, but didn't bother to push down their tower.

What could I or should I have done differently? I didn't die, they out powered us even though our skills were mostly evenly matched, neither we nor they made mistakes and forked over any unnecessary/easy kills they just pushed out tower down, left lane to go roam and fed cait to high heaven. Meanwhile I'm still hearing, GG Bot lane, Ez sucks, lost lane so hard, YOU'RE SO BAD!

Should I have left my lane too to roam or keep trying to farm until late game?

It wasn't until late when I looked at their lolking history I found out they were a 4 man premade, go figure just my luck.. But how do you react when the enemy team decides to push, group, roam and gank early?

Shuvi

01-23-2013

Unless you were playing against a hard counter, you probably did something wrong early game which let them get ahead. Adc's are generally pretty evenly matched at the beginning if you commit to a fight. As ez you need to poke from the beginning. Try to land your q's but also remember that if you see the enemy going for one of your creeps, then you can auto them because they cant attack back during that moment, unless they have an aa reset. You also need to try to equalize the lane as much as possible. Next, if you can't win a fight, then don't fight. Also compare your cs to theirs, because that may be why they are ahead. If you do find yourself losing lane like you said, first of all you need to at least push your lane back. If the other bot lane doesnt come back, then you can take their turret and then go back mid. If your team can handle them at mid, then its a good idea to keep farming especially if you are a late game champ. However, as ez, its a good idea to probably go and roam.

DariusHart

01-24-2013

Cait arguably has the best laning phase as an adc, so just playing passively and getting sustain for lane would work out well since you could just outscale her. However, you can still outplay her. A good thing to remember is that just because your support gets caught by whatever, doesn't mean you can't win a trade. Normally, if you arcane shift next to taric trying to get to cait, you would meet a sure death through taric's stun and armor shred. But if he drops everything on the support, you can try and quickly trade back the damage done to your lulu by hitting cait. However if cait isn't available(shielded by minions or is too far away), you'd have to settle for hitting taric to get something out of a trade.

Another good idea is to bait out mistakes. A good example of this would be if cait is not near taric, but taric uses his stun. just because you're stunned is not an immediately sign to run like all hell, if cait is not their to follow up, you and lulu could probably drop taric by half. Baiting is also good for wasting the enemy's mana(juking piltover peacemaker, cait's net, etc.)

iDpark

01-24-2013

Ez + lulu have alot of magic damage to counterplay the armor from taric.
Try to all in them afterr taric uses his stun.
Focus cait.

Poke.
then all in them

Aitheon

01-24-2013

As much as you may want to believe you were evenly matched, you weren't.

Cait has more range than Ez on basic attacks. And Taric can heal and stun. You were not evenly matched. So they will definitely be able to muscle you out of lane. Lulu's glitterlance poke can help slow their advance and depending on how good at it she is, can even put you on the offensive.

In the case of your matchup specifically you want to focus cait. Taric is too tanky by comparison to waste effort on in a straight up 2v2 fight unless he's already really low hp. You go for cait, taric will likely stun you to give cait a damage edge over you. At this point your lulu needs to turn cait into a squirrel so the damage struggle doesn't move much in their favor and then shield you when cait is back to normal.