Thresh and The League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

01-23-2013

So was Thresh finally subdued and forced into the League like Brand OR did he just show up of his own accord like Hecarim?

moogle890

01-23-2013

I'm pretty sure he just showed up and wanted in. I know Riot's approach to not telling why champs are in the League is to leave it open to interpretation. Sometimes this works, other times it doesn't. For example: People keep complaining that Syndra doesn't want to be subdued, so why'd she join the League? One possible explanation is that she wants to prove that she doesn't need Ionia's balance to be powerful.
Nami joined perhaps because she asked Summoners about the Moonstone, and they agreed to help her if she agreed to fight in the League.
Zed, obviously to fight Shen and his team. Also, like Syndra, to prove he doesn't need Ionian Balance.
Vi may have joined simply for the fun of punching people's faces in.
I realize that you only wanted an answer to that one question up there, but I was bored and wanted to semi rant. Use your imagination, why do YOU think they joined the League.

KiteMeGood

01-23-2013

To help the Shadow Isles Champion perform their duty which is to harvest the souls of the fallen. I can almost assume that where Hecarim slaughtered, Thresh followed to collect the souls of the dead Demacians that day.