@People whining about Steel Legion Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
If the community does not like a skin, business wise, why would they release a skin when they wouldn't make money on it? You want to have as many different ideas as possible, so that as many people as possible each have something.

There are people who want Dark Lux, there are people who want Hextech Lux, there are people who want Sailor Moon Lux, people who want a Royal Lux, and you get the picture.

There are so many different things that people want, yet when it's time for Lux to get another skin, they give us what is essentially Commando's bulk mixed with Imperial's color scheme.
People have wanted Dragon Master Swain for over two years now...but it's still not here.

As sad as it is, Riot doesn't operate on the whims of its community.

It's not so bad in the art department though, because they work off of their ideas, not only what they think would please the crowds (though in any company that still is a factor)

Sorrakka

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
People have wanted Dragon Master Swain for over two years now...but it's still not here.

As sad as it is, Riot doesn't operate on the whims of its community.

It's not so bad in the art department though, because they work off of their ideas, not only what they think would please the crowds (though in any company that still is a factor)
I agree they shouldn't work off the whims of the community. If they did, we would have school girl urgot by now. I value artistic independence quite highly. I actually encourage making controversial art that makes ppl argue, which this obviously does. They didnt play to a middle ground to appease a large amount of the community. They narrowed to play towards sci fi fans, or anybody who likes that bulky look. Everybody has different aesthetics, and its definitely not mine. I find very little sci fi beautiful. Its cool. Not beautiful. I didn't want a cool skin, I wanted a beautiful skin, and because I value artistic independence, I can argue against what I find to be a bad idea, even though I know my oppinion is, and should be, ultimately meaningless. As is life. ^^

seandkiller

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
Fiddlestix is a f@ggot. If you lit him on fire, you could probly also smoke him. He meets every qualification of a f@ggot except being homosexual. There just arent any other piles of sticks out there for him to stick it to :[
Riddlestix, Fiddlestick's twin scare-brother who answers in riddles?

SlumlordThanatos

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
I agree they shouldn't work off the whims of the community. If they did, we would have school girl urgot by now. I value artistic independence quite highly. I actually encourage making controversial art that makes ppl argue, which this obviously does.
The problem is that making a skin that half the community hates and the other half likes makes no business sense. Riot is a business, they're shooting themselves in the foot by limiting who will buy their product. Doesn't it make sense to get as many people as possible to like their product?

Riot hears our feedback, but I don't actually think they listen to our feedback.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Your tears don't fall, they crash around me

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Titiln

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatRushVII View Post
I am not a dumb-ass, and i can appreciate cool things; however, i can also tell when a skin is the same theme as two other skins a champion has...a theme that doesn't fit said characters personality well .

I dont hate it, but im not going to buy it either.
Read her lore, and summoned trial, then try to tell me she's the bubbly little girl half you guys think she is.

In fact, you can tell by her quotes on the wiki page too.

Voidgolem

01-24-2013

We have Gentleman Cho, Giant Enemy Crabgot, and Grandma Warwick. Saying "IT DOESN'T FIT THE CHARACTER HURR" doesn't really apply to skins.

Moreover, people seem to be under the delusion that getting Steel Legion cancelled will somehow make Roofie Colada Lux or whatever come out sooner. That isn't really how things work.

All that would happen is we don't get the sweet-ass power armor and instead get another 5 teemo skins and maybe one for Anivia.

Asatorrr

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
The problem is that making a skin that half the community hates and the other half likes makes no business sense. Riot is a business, they're shooting themselves in the foot by limiting who will buy their product. Doesn't it make sense to get as many people as possible to like their product?

Riot hears our feedback, but I don't actually think they listen to our feedback.
by that logic, a cutesy girly skin for lux would be hated by the half the community interested in a military themed skin. so riot can either scrap an idea theyve pretty much gotten finished or start all over and end up getting the same whining and "business sense" arguments. if the skin only brings in $50,000 so to say, the other one will probably bring in about the same, yet they did all the work for this one already. the business sense argument works against you here. should riot only focus on coming up with an idea that appeases everyone and makes $100,000? which is more profitable, but $50,000 is still profit. gaining more isn't necessarily an argument, unless you think riot is a bunch of greedy *******s, which obviously isnt the case.