@People whining about Steel Legion Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primetime Ziggs

Master Recruiter

01-23-2013

One nice thing I have to say about this skin is that I am glad she finally gets some particle effect changes.

That alone sets Steel Legion Lux apart from her other (mediocre) military skin counterparts, along with the splash art quality (though again, not really my taste). Not a fan of the skin, but willing to admit Riot was closer to getting it right this time.

I just don't like how bulky the skin looks. I'm not expecting Lux to be parading around in a bikini, but could she... you know... not look like she just came in from an unreleased Megaman game?

Sorrakka

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post
You just called Fiddlesticks a f@ggot.

We're going to have some problems here.
Fiddlestix is a f@ggot. If you lit him on fire, you could probly also smoke him. He meets every qualification of a f@ggot except being homosexual. There just arent any other piles of sticks out there for him to stick it to :[

LightEntite

01-23-2013

a military girl has military skins

better complain

RavenHusky

01-23-2013

Quote:
It doesn't mean my point is finite. I'm just saying it's your move. 0.o

Anyway, like I said in the OP, it's just a matter of time. Riot had 3 cool ideas for Lux skins in a row. That doesn't mean they're only going to make military skins for Lux until the end of time.

If you learn to give credit where it is due, you will learn to appreciate things more. Don't look at Lux skins as their genre, look at them for what they are.
Three ideas that were essentially the same thing. Regardless of lore, Lux is a lighthearted bubbly light mage, why can't she get a new skin that reflects that?

Yeah, it's a cool skin, but when it is essentially the same as her last two skins, particles and animations aside, you just have to ask why? There are so many other things that Riot could have done, yet they release this thing.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrakka View Post
Fiddlestix is a f@ggot. If you lit him on fire, you could probly also smoke him. He meets every qualification of a f@ggot except being homosexual. There just arent any other piles of sticks out there for him to stick it to :[
I wish I could make this my status. LOL

BeatRushVII

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightEntite View Post
a military girl has military skins

better complain
Morgana is a baker, guess how many baker skins she has? One

Thane Soren

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenHusky View Post
Three ideas that were essentially the same thing. Regardless of lore, Lux is a lighthearted bubbly light mage, why can't she get a new skin that reflects that?

Yeah, it's a cool skin, but when it is essentially the same as her last two skins, particles and animations aside, you just have to ask why? There are so many other things that Riot could have done, yet they release this thing.
They released it because they happened to have a military skin idea.

I'm sure that:

1. They knew Lux already has a lot of military skins

2. They knew the community would complain about it

But answer me this,

why should you ever shelf a good idea?

I think Riot made the right choice here because not only are they not shelving their ideas, they're letting them out, fair and square.

How would you feel if you were an artist at Riot and you had a really cool idea for a skin for your favorite champion, but there were already a few skins of that genre for that champion?

Would you just put your idea on the backburner?

One of the glories of being an artist is translating an idea you have in your head down into paper immediately as you have that idea. It's not right to restrict yourself, or your cool ideas, just because of the champion's past in skins.

Don't look at all of a champion's skins whenever they get a new skin. Look at the new skin itself. That's the whole point.

Sorrakka

01-23-2013

Sorceress and Spellthief are great skins but dated. Ppl who dislike Steel Legion realize it will be at least another year before she gets another skin, maybe even longer. Its just so hard to hear I have to wait over a year for a cute skin for lux with these particles and effects. Yet I doubt you would even be complaining right now if that cute skin was released :/

Langdon

01-23-2013

In my opinions ALL of her skins are ugly. Unless Chinese art sorceress. And Spellthief Chinese.

RavenHusky

01-23-2013

Quote:
They released it because they happened to have a military skin idea.

I'm sure that:

1. They knew Lux already has a lot of military skins

2. They knew the community would complain about it

But answer me this,

why should you ever shelf a good idea?

I think Riot made the right choice here because not only are they not shelving their ideas, they're letting them out, fair and square.

How would you feel if you were an artist at Riot and you had a really cool idea for a skin for your favorite champion, but there were already a few skins of that genre for that champion?

Would you just put your idea on the backburner?

One of the glories of being an artist is translating an idea you have in your head down into paper immediately as you have that idea. It's not right to restrict yourself, or your cool ideas, just because of the champion's past in skins.

Don't look at all of a champion's skins whenever they get a new skin. Look at the new skin itself. That's the whole point.
If the community does not like a skin, business wise, why would they release a skin when they wouldn't make money on it? You want to have as many different ideas as possible, so that as many people as possible each have something.

There are people who want Dark Lux, there are people who want Hextech Lux, there are people who want Sailor Moon Lux, people who want a Royal Lux, and you get the picture.

There are so many different things that people want, yet when it's time for Lux to get another skin, they give us what is essentially Commando's bulk mixed with Imperial's color scheme.