Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about runes?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lithick

01-23-2013

Hi guys, I did a search but I know things change with time and since im almost level 30 now im about to start buying more runes.

When i bought runes about a year ago things like AP and resist etc runes were the ones to buy if you had to buy runes that would work across a multitude of champions.

SO, my question is since I can only afford to purchase a limited amount of runes, i need runes that work on ALOT of champs not just runes for 1 champ.

So what runes should i buy if I can only buy 1 or 2 pages of runes. I hear armor is not the way to go now ? Any advice guys?

Fat Ninja

01-23-2013

The "standard" rune pages are

AD reds / Mag Pen Reds.

Armor Yellows

Mag. Resist per level blues

Movement speed quints.

Those yellows, quints, and blues, generally fit in with almost any champ in any role.

Darth Starkiller

01-23-2013

My only advice for right now is NOT to buy ANY Runes until you reach level 20. The Quints reach up into the thousands of IP, so you'd be wasting your IP on Tier 1 and 2 ones for a short term boost in efficiency. Wait until 20, save up spare IP from occassional Champion unlocks, and THEN buy Runes.

EDIT: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=110045.

This may help a bit.