Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I am getting really really sick of jungling..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Boombox

01-23-2013

Even though it is my favorite role, I cannot stand to play it any more.

Every single time a lane does poorly the first thing they do is blame the jungler. I have games where every single lane does badly, and I do well and they all blame me. The game usually ends up with me arguing with them and them all saying "reported" just because they have 1 thing in common, which is all losing lane.

I really don't know what to do anymore. If I mute my entire team it blocks the communication with the team which gimps us even more. I also see that whenever I try to help someone they retaliate with insults. Such as a mid getting ganked multiple times and not warding, then blames me (the jungler) for his faults. I feel I have to defend my self from people insulting me, but usually this just ends up with me arguing back and getting "reported".

Now im not saying im perfect, and i'll be the first to admit when I do poorly. But when this is not the case, I am just left in limbo on what to do.

Does anyone have any tips on how to approach situations like this?

/end rant

Gr8one777

01-23-2013

Nobody wants to jungle yet they want to blame whoever has to do it for their own mistakes..

I like playing jungle too but I'm the same way right now, I'd like to play some other roles but they get called so quick.

AJStarhiker

01-24-2013

I don't jungle often (usually support), but I get annoyed when people blame everything on one player.

For what it's worth, I do try to make things easier for my jungler, especially with wards.

Squabblez

01-24-2013

Funniest part is when they lose a 1v1 lane and cry that they got countered. You can not reply to these people because they will say how they needed the gank. The obvious response is to tell them you should know your character's weaknesses but we all know that their responses will be toxic. For what it's worth learn that there are some you can help and there are some you can not. Those players HAVE to learn at some point why they are losing. The simplest thing to do on your part is to ward the weak lane in one spot if you can and ping for them. If they continue to lose after that well that's their fault.

Great Pyrenees

01-24-2013

Yea i totally feel your pain on that. In fact now when I jungle I dont say a word. I farm and if i see a opportunity for a gank I take it. If not, I farm. I let the loosers rage all they want. Then when its team fight stage I help to the best of my ability. It helps no one to loose a 2v1 because someone fed and then your 2 lvls behind mid and top lane.

Jasiwel

01-24-2013

I see this quite a bit. The best you can do is to only argue with them based on facts and leaving out any sort of language that might set them off further. Just focus on what you need to do and make sure you remain vigilant on what's going on in other lanes. It's always nice to preemptively suggest ganks, especially if you sense the team is that kind of team to blame anyone else for their mistakes.

Personally, I don't jungle and I rarely ever ask a gank from my Jungler. I just let them do their thing and usually either I do get countered in my lane (by Jax or a 1v2 for instance) or I just gradually push the lane to destruction of the turret. Regardless, I never berate my teammates in chat because its demoralizing and toxic, even if I'm thinking it or know that bottom/mid/top lane totally screwed up when I didn't.

All I can say is, make sure you never come off as aggressive when you argue and always choose your words carefully when you argue. Don't come off as sarcastic or condescending and rarely use curse language if at all. I'm glad you're not muting though because communication is simply key to winning in LoL.

Snipawolfe

01-24-2013

This is a pretty serious issue. I was playing jungle Olaf and was just doing my thing and I noticed I had a better score and higher CS than any solo lane of mine.. We had a Diana top and a mid Ahri. I think they were queued together. They whined about bot lane and said I was the worst Olaf ever even though they were both rocking some sweet 1/4 K/Ds even after I ganked for them.

themaddscientist

01-24-2013

I main support and jungle, so that a double whammy for me.

In order to cope with this, I pick champions who have a lot of kill potential, who are heavy gankers, or are the "safe" option. Taric fits almost anywhere, and Maokai is a great tank, initiator, ganker, and is debatably the best kiter in the game. Sometimes I play Janna if I need to play for late game, Soraka for extra sustain, and Nunu in both roles as an initiator, permanent ad carry buff, and to make the enemy jungler pay for not warding their own jungle. Typically it's just Maokai and Taric for me, though.

Keep trying to play it, though. I worked my way to 1300s by playing support and jungle, and despite my current dip I'm going to keep working my way back up. Don't be afraid to jungle.