Thresh and Soul Visibility

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingScraggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
Krepo (Support from CLG.EU) was advocating maxing Q first for the extra damage and utility. What do you think of that?
maxing q is great, if you have a carry that wants to rely more on farming up for late game then going in for kills when the time arises. I max out Q when i go to as thresh, but not as a support, reason for me is that i would prefer making my carry more tank and giving them a quick get away when they need it.

Kriptini

01-28-2013

Actually, there's a trick to seeing enemy Thresh souls.

When a soul is dropped, it will only appear on your screen if one of the following two statements is true for you:

• The soul was dropped an enemy unit, and you are Thresh or have a Thresh on your team, or you have personal vision of the enemy's Thresh and the unit that died
  • The soul was dropped by an allied unit, and you had PERSONAL vision of both the enemy team's THRESH and the allied unit when it died, or you are Thresh and had personal vision of the unit that died.

This was explained in Thresh's Champion Spotlight.

So basically, if an allied unit dies while your personal character does not have personal vision on Thresh (remember, this excludes team vision), you will not be able to see the soul. This happens most often because Thresh is hiding in the brush while his lane buddy is getting kills, and he only comes out to collect souls.

To be able to see all of the souls that the enemy Thresh can pick up, you would need to be able to maintain PERSONAL vision on both him and dying allied/enemy units at all times. Which means warding the brush.

Again, Phreak talked about this in the Champ Spotlight... albeit very briefly.

SethCypher

01-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
Actually, there's a trick to seeing enemy Thresh souls.

When a soul is dropped, it will only appear on your screen if one of the following two statements is true for you:

• The soul was dropped an enemy unit, and you are Thresh or have a Thresh on your team, or you have personal vision of the enemy's Thresh and the unit that died
  • The soul was dropped by an allied unit, and you had PERSONAL vision of both the enemy team's THRESH and the allied unit when it died, or you are Thresh and had personal vision of the unit that died.
This was explained in Thresh's Champion Spotlight.

So basically, if an allied unit dies while your personal character does not have personal vision on Thresh (remember, this excludes team vision), you will not be able to see the soul. This happens most often because Thresh is hiding in the brush while his lane buddy is getting kills, and he only comes out to collect souls.

To be able to see all of the souls that the enemy Thresh can pick up, you would need to be able to maintain PERSONAL vision on both him and dying allied/enemy units at all times. Which means warding the brush.
Seems logical, I wouldn't want people to know I was coming from river or was in a brush simply because souls started popping up.