Thresh and Soul Visibility

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peligrad

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odex View Post
They are visible, just small. They are small orange dots.
This.

Orangish red, you can see them.

One thing though. If you or an allie kills a neutral, enemy thresh can snake your soul from it...

Made me sad.

Karmegeddon

01-24-2013

Or you could do what you should be doing anyway, harassing him when he gets close. If hes going into the middle of the minion wave, hes ripe for harass whether hes collecting souls or not. And souls arent going to be spawning anywhere else, so use your brain, the fact he is collecting souls doesnt affect how you play, if someone comes close, or is out of position, you harass them. It just makes your life easier.
But if you really want a counter to thresh, pick leona.

Peligrad

01-24-2013

If you wanna counter Leona, pick thresh...

No healing melee support vrs a ranged harass support that can peel all day...

If there is a support that I want to see most when support thresh, its Leona.

I highly doubt you've faced a good one if you think Leona is a good counter...

Armageddal

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
you dont have to go to extremes. Ward around and get closer to the wave, punish him each time he sticks his neck out to reach the further off minions from the brush. Hes at a disadvantage early on starting at level 2
He can actually pick souls up from a small distance, so he can collect the souls from your melee minions without any danger of harassment really, unless you know which melee minions he is going to try to approach, and be in position to punish him for trying to get them. To get the farther away ones he is almost forced to throw his lantern, and the trade-off is fair, so there's no problem there really.

What does warding have to do with this? You can ward the brush he's camping in, but the issue is that he doesn't even need to camp in the brush to collect plenty of souls safely.

Armageddal

01-24-2013

I have not seen any enemy souls. Some people are claiming to see them, so it sounds like there's some sort of graphics issue where some graphic qualities can't see them. If this is the case, it should be fixed.

Peligrad

01-24-2013

It could be that. Make sure you look closely. Enemy orbs don't look like much. They are substantially smaller and kind of blend in/ are over cast by other units and spell graphics. They're just a dim light on the floor. Orangish red color.

OT Shadow

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odex View Post
They are visible, just small. They are small orange dots.
but still really hard to see in amongst the purple minions

KingScraggy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

so you zone a thresh out? so what? throw out your lantern, and you collect them that way, when i support as thresh, i max out my w first for the bigger shield and shorter cool down, why? to defend my adc, and why else? to repeatedly throw out my w to collect the souls im being "zoned out" from getting

Sogreth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuan Shikai View Post
That said, you CAN see enemey souls, they are just not as obvious as your own team's souls.
I think you can only see enemy souls IF you can see the enemy Thresh, if he sits in a bush and you don't have vision of him, then you can't see the souls.

That's what I got from the champ spotlight anyways.

Adrian Umbra

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingScraggy View Post
so you zone a thresh out? so what? throw out your lantern, and you collect them that way, when i support as thresh, i max out my w first for the bigger shield and shorter cool down, why? to defend my adc, and why else? to repeatedly throw out my w to collect the souls im being "zoned out" from getting
Krepo (Support from CLG.EU) was advocating maxing Q first for the extra damage and utility. What do you think of that?