Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

best way to not be annoying at matches

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrNibbler

01-23-2013

hi everyone im new to lol and its my first time playing a game like this, so i just wanted to know whatt are the things i should and should not do in a match, i just want to play without having people insult me or stuff

Vieryn

01-23-2013

Awww...this is sweet sorry i don't mean to be condescending at all, because I was the exact same way. I was way to nervous about disappointing people or making them mad. I haven't played too many games and I'm only level 10, but so far I've had really no abusive language directed towards me.

Here's why
~i play really safe, turret hugging if i need to and recalling. I definitely avoid turret diving completely unless they have || <-that much life left and I'm full at a high level.
~I'm always nice even if someone's feeding, it's best to be supportive of players instead of being mean. If they're intentionally feeding they know it and you don't have to remind them, if they're just trying to learn it's best to help out.
~I don't worry about "kill stealing" because it's a team game and the team wins or the team loses, not just one person

If you're intimidated getting into games, feel free to add me and we can go in together. it's a little easier that way

Vieryn

01-23-2013

Don't worry, you won't be annoying. You'll be just fine

FearOfTheFlesh

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Don't try to not be annoying. Trust me people will pick on you when you aren't even in the same lane. Some people imagine things and blame you for things that were truly their fault even 100%. For instance I had a player who was playing karthus mid blame me, with me at top with garen 6 min into the game when we were laning because I didn't leave my lane this early to come and help him midlane from dying to a veigar.

All you need to worry about is improving, having fun in ur games, and finding friends who feel the same way to play with and make the most of the game. Ignore people who troll you or pick on you and ignore anyone who talks about your performance.

People say take their advice, don't. They don't mean you well, they just want to elevate their own egos thinking they are way better than they really are handing out usually wrong advice to players who are as good as them hence playing with them but who have reached that quality of play in usually a much shorter time and have a much higher potential.

If you want legitimate advice either ask on the forums and post your game replays, or find players who are good and relatively kind who are willing to play with you and point out things either over chat, over a VoIP service like skype or after the game. Those are your actual best bets, not some other player during the game.

Reality though is that it doesn't matter if you get 10 elo or 2.5k elo. You won't be making money out of this game 99.999% chance, and even if you did it wouldn't be significant enough to matter most likely. So consequently your best bet is to enjoy it for what it is, a game, and let the haters be themselves. You don't need to reform them or get them to like you, simply ignore them or report them for their behavior and go on enjoying the game, you will much better off for it and will never ever be disappointed or be banned.

Cdre Perspicuous

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Just have fun playing. Make some friends you can play with. Don't worry about "annoying" other people; you can't limit your enjoyment of the game to their negative attitudes. Just don't Leeroy Jenkins.

coheedrocks72

01-23-2013

Just enjoy the game. Especially if you don't ever plan on playing at a pro level, it's just a game and people need to be reminded of that sometimes.