Lag on Netbook

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phantom117

01-23-2013

Hello guys,
So i have a netbook and i use it for gaming but its laggy for lol. it used to lag when i played minecraft but i got the optifine mod for it so now it doesnt. But when i play lol it lags like ****.And also i cant get a new computer so any suggestions?

AJStarhiker

01-23-2013

Try lowering the graphics quality and sounds.

Also, try closing out background programs.

The less your computer has to do, the easier it'll be to avoid lagging.

Cheshire Lunacy

01-23-2013

netbooks arnt ment for competive gaming, or gaming in general its a labtop for shool or office things thus runs the bare minumums for graphics settings thus will not run games such as LoL WoW or other games that require online connection and speedy graphics. your best bet is putting away each week or month to get a better computer for gaming as a netbook will barely cut it. mmos in general are not great on laptops and are better played on a tower pc wich has way more room for fans faster larger and more graphics cards, though some laptops are gaming laptops nothing can trully beet a high powered gaming tower

as laptops are built to tote they do not have room for maxxing out specs

towers have quite a bit more custamability do to the fact again you can fit more in them as they are ment to be in one location and not toted

so only thing i can trully suggest is either make a chip in to get a few buddies to occasionaly help out on getting funds to create a proper gaming computer or every time you get money put in five or ten dollours in a seperate account that is not touched or shared

basically netbooks do not have gaming compatability they have the bare min it requires as its a office type labtop made for things as presentations letter heads or college work

hope this helps if not sorry

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-23-2013

It depends; netbooks are essentially weaker laptops. If you have a high end netbook, you might be able to run it fine just lowering the graphics. If you have a low-mid end netbook, there might not be anything you can do about that.

Forchark

01-24-2013

You know one thing a lot of people forget to do on laptops, and you wouldn't be alone...

Go to power options and make sure its on high performance. The equal and lower performance actually downclocks the voltages, so you aren't performing at full. All high performance does is put it to factory settings (best way to explain it).