Thresh is getting complained about and failing hard

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
and then irelia still beat him lol. But he could beat darius so he got blown up and magically became the counter of the month to irelia... herpaderp
Well I think the popularity was between Irelia and Jayce at the time.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Well I think the popularity was between Irelia and Jayce at the time.
not really, it was more just a scandal regarding jayce that happened to costar irelia... irelia was officially hardcountered by jayce and like the other toplaners that came before jayce she failed to give a **** and dunked him in the tournaments anyways lol

Thresh seems kinda complicated but I think he will have leona's issue. A month from now ppl will complain but he will get abused in nasty combos like leona does and people will complain that he can't do **** on his own.

MMHSTerror

01-23-2013

Thresh is like a blitz with ranged....who the heck gives tanks ranged auto attacks?

Lunar Sanguis

01-23-2013

Thresh is pretty much just a Leona/Taric hybrid. Just looks more awesome. The only problem I have with Thresh is that he seems to "drift off" late game, as in he's really not needed by his teammates anymore the way Leona and Taric are.

Cherubrad

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
Yeah, the week or two after he came out all I heard was "Jayce sucks". Of course he was balanced, you just couldn't QWER then hit the victory fanfare.
I don't think we were around for the same Jayce release. I remember a lot of anger regarding his powerful poke and how he faceroll'ed top lane.

Shockforce

01-23-2013

Thresh is viable if only for his lantern.

He also brings a lot of cc and manupulators. He punishes mistakes harder than any other support.

I think Riot exited their "safe" box nicely this time. Thresh should become an iconic character.

SeiYouSiLa

01-24-2013

Give it some time, he just came out =.=

PerfidiousAlbion

01-24-2013

He's a complex champ and he's brand new. People are going to fail for a while. All it takes is a good Q/W/R combo for him to become a strong initiator and he has great CC and utility.

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he turned out to be a solid solo-top myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHSTerror View Post
Thresh is like a blitz with ranged....who the heck gives tanks ranged auto attacks?
The community's been clamoring for a ranged tank for a while. So... us I guess? Also, he's much more of a support than a tank, and supports having ranged AAs is more common than otherwise.

Yoriba

01-24-2013

Personally I will never use him so I do not care about him

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeiYouSiLa View Post
Give it some time, he just came out =.=
no, if I waited for peoples opinions on nami I might have thought she was no good too. Even now people are still just b****ing about nonissues she has. Waiting is more or less pointless with complicated champs