Initial thresh impressions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

01-24-2013

I don't really understand why the cooldown on his ultimate is so high. It's higher than Amumu's, and only damages a single target for the max of 550+1.0AP. Remaining walls only deal half damage, and half slow duration.

They obviously took power out of the ultimate to give it to the rest of his kit, because Flay on a 9 second flat cooldown is pretty impressive given that it's an AoE pull/push. Max CDR would bring that down to 5.4. Compared to Darius' AoE pull which is 12-24 seconds.

The 130 second cooldown ultimate would drive me insane, though. Even brought down to 78 seconds with max CDR. That said, a 99 - 45.5% slow is pretty funny.

The real kicker is the lantern, allowing one to actually move teammates... as long as they use it. I think that's going to be the real factor that makes or breaks Thresh' viability. It still grants an AoE shield on a 40% AP ratio, but if your team doesn't make use of those initiation/escape opportunities, your effectiveness drops tremendously compared to other tanky support champions like Leona and Alistar.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Hook is fun, lantern is overrated for the simple reason that no one uses it, friend of mine's been spaming thresh since yesterday, no one clicks the lantern ever, thhey'd rather spend flash or blink skills or other escape mecanisms, also the burden of knowledge thanks to the massive amount of champions implies that not many people know all the cha,pions, have seen plenty of level 30s that've never seen Malzahar in a game and as a result they lose the lane hard against him.

Redenbacher

01-24-2013

Chances are, many people haven't bothered watching the spotlight or read up on his abilities. Might be worth mentioning in your game that clicking the lantern pulls you to Thresh.

Sakuri Ono

01-24-2013

I don't suppose anyone's bothered to try running AD Tresh yet utilizing a Sheen/Tri-Force have they?

At max rank Q your leading auto attack pretty much looks like this: Base AD + 200% AD(+Souls)/M.Dam. (From Q) + 100%/150% AD/M.Dam (From Sheen/Tri).

Just spit-balling (not factoring in resistances, any souls, or anything technical), @200 AD a Flay into a 900 damage AA doesn't sound like something to sneeze at in Dom.

Volandum

01-24-2013

Remember Sheen and Trinity do not scale, and are not so great if you are building heavy damage. Hybrid damage is also not that great these days. You would scale better with a Lich Bane.

MMKH

01-24-2013

Lantern is a very useful, potentially long-range escape or gap-closer, while providing a substantial AOE shield for the team. His Q grab is also nice as it allows him to move while hooking a target.

Chaosos

01-24-2013

Yeah, his Q passive is magic damage unfortunately.
Also, with heavy CDR his ult seems to be on an OK cooldown, but I would definitely agree they took power out of his ult and put it into the rest of his kit.

Phourc

01-24-2013

The ones I've seen actually built rather tanky and whipped me away when I tried to dive him. Still, besides the knockback that hits a leaping jax, everything else I saw was rather 'meh.

SirLucious LftFt

01-24-2013

i feel you with the blitz comparison. somthing to note. if you use ur shield as much as you can ur shield can match blitz passive. but over time and on ur whole team YAY!!!!

his E is better than blitz knock up for team fights. and situationaly for gibbing one person, but not usualy. This dudes Q is way more versitile then blitz. How everyone is dismissing it as a worse version is beyond me. its diffresnt but has so many more possibilities. Best situation ive seen compared to blitz is ;

lets say ur over a wall from ur teammates fighting someone but ur too low to go in.( like top lane your by health relic ur teamate is fighting on node) U can grab someone pin them against the wall then push them against the wall with ur E. while shielding ur buddy. and u can auto atk. This is all without showing ur face. If ur gearing right both spells will be on short CD and spamming all 3 wont be much of a problem. all the while if ur buddy ever gets into too much trouble he can port to u and u can both haras from up there.

really the more i play him the more hes just like any tank/ support that has CC and lacks dmg. If your team reads ur CC and u initiate well hes more then viable. If ur playing all randoms with nubs he is less then viable.

Fabs457

01-24-2013

as a player who often plays a bruiser and initiates fights, i really enjoy the mechanics of his lantern. it allows me to dive+combo and escape without dying most of the time

the person playing thresh really does matter though... as well as your teammates who may mistakenly click the lantern without a need to. i'm unsure of thresh's ult (the need for the nerf on multiple walls being broke) or the cd on it