Problem with Thresh's E skill.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeonSilvis

01-23-2013

I like thresh so far but i'm having a problem with his E

The fact that his E has a slightly lower range then his AA makes it a bit too wonky.

Just had a game where me and my team mates were at dragon. While auto attacking, i tried to cast my E to deal more damage but it didnt even hit the target while i continued to attack.

Anyone else have a problem with this?

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonSilvis View Post
I like thresh so far but i'm having a problem with his E

The fact that his E has a slightly lower range then his AA makes it a bit too wonky.

Just had a game where me and my team mates were at dragon. While auto attacking, i tried to cast my E to deal more damage but it didnt even hit the target while i continued to attack.

Anyone else have a problem with this?
IMO, this is intended. Like you can't just harass someone with charged up Q and knock them back for a slow in one go. Flay is more for the pulling and juggling combo anywho.

ImpTaimer

01-23-2013

I hate to agree with that (because I wish it wasn't the case), but E is definitely a move you use while moving, not while attacking.

LeonSilvis

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
I hate to agree with that (because I wish it wasn't the case), but E is definitely a move you use while moving, not while attacking.
but if you do that then the skill is even more awkward.

You run to the enemy but when you cast the skill you basically push them away while if you are running away from them you're pulling the enemy towards you and your team.

So basically your E works more like a bait?

I read your post in the other thread, and i agree that i would prefer if foward is pulling towards and back is pushing away.

ImpTaimer

01-23-2013

Quote:

You run to the enemy but when you cast the skill you basically push them away while if you are running away from them you're pulling the enemy towards you and your team.

So basically your E works more like a bait?

I read your post in the other thread, and i agree that i would prefer if foward is pulling towards and back is pushing away.
Yes I would definitely feel much more confident using this move if it was reverse. Right now it's more of a "ew you got through my AA range" *push*

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:

Try using skills and moving around in tandem with your pull. You get much better results. You can still cast spells afterall while you're pulling someone.

Jazman84

01-23-2013

On paper his E has a higher range than his AA. As his autoattack is listed as 475 range and his E as 550 range

The thing is however, autoattacks will fire from your hitbox to an enemy's hitbox, while point blank/skillshot/AoE abilities fire from your exact position and will hit your enemy's hitbox.
In order to hit your target with your E, you need to be inside your maximum range, this is very annoying.