Thresh First Impressions and Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haagendasz

01-24-2013

personally i think thresh is more a loner.
ive been playing him AD and top a couple of games and it seems viable.
having hiim stuck supporting bot i found makes him surpremely under farmed. by late game unless your team has been racking up the kills, thresh is pretty useless late game.

bob000

01-24-2013

He scales just fine with malady.

ArchlordCevic

01-24-2013

been running him AD Bruiser utilizing his Q's passive, and doing really well. Triforce+black cleaver with that passive kicks out some serious hurt while keeping you decently tanky and having abilities to still support as well.
actually finding he's more comparable to Nasus then blitz or leona.

Hoofster

01-24-2013

Here's what I've learned from the PBE. Ignore the fact that he's ranged, he's really a melee champ, the attack range just gives him poke without a cool down.

If you go for a solo lane: Boots, Sunfire, Wits, Mallet, Malady, Abyssal. Use you're kit to stick to a target until your team kills it. He works will with Galio, Amumu, and Morgana, allowing you to set up their ultis without using their flashs. In the case of Morgana this makes it easier to stick to the primary kill target since she can flash still to say on them.

If you go support: Boots, Shard Or Shadows, Bulwark, Sunfire, Wits, Wards. Your sticking power isn't as great with shard or shadows since eventually they'll go on CD, but you're buffing your team still. You can switch out sunfire and shard/shadows for Warmogs/Iceborn for a bit more sticking power but less overall mobility/gp10.

The key is not thinking of thresh as a killer or ranged character dispite his appearance (which visually is very misleading IMO).

chezwickcheese

01-24-2013

They need to fix the visual for his Q. The hitbox doesn't match the actual grab. You can be staning clearly to the left or right and still be grabbed. On his skin though its fine.

ImpTaimer

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob000 View Post
He scales just fine with malady.
**** I was gonna try this. Now I don't feel special.

RadiantPyrophore

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DessicatedWiener View Post
Think of it Like this, Graves and Thresh are against cait and lulu.
If thresh can land his fling on cait, that's a 1.5 second stun along with a 50-100 unit position displacement.
This is obviously enough time for graves to dash in autoattack and bug shot, which is easily half her life.
Thresh can then move behind caitlyn and fling her with his e closer to graves EVEN if cait uses her net. This means graves can aa move aa move and end it.

Thresh is also RANGED. I've seen thresh's start with 63 armor(taric status) and have 60 ad. They can easily harass as well as ashe can, making the poke / damage return at early levels fairly decent.

The ultimate isn't the greatest. But many of us though nami's ult was the best until we realized it's slow as balls. I agree, but it combos decently with the fling making it easy to land.
~1700 elo noob thoughts
And you have yet to realize that the windup on his Q is long enough to allow the world to turn around several times if anyone can see it.

1700 must be lower than I thought.

ExDaim

01-25-2013

Hi,
after the first few matches with Thresh i came to believe that hes not rly viable as a support right now.
I love his skillset and hes fun to play... But for me he just cant compete with eg Taric, Leona, Blitzcrank, Sona....

Right now i dont have concrete ideas of what should be changed;
but i think he rly needs some sort of rework.

one of the biggest problems to me is the long animation on the Q-spell.

( not to forget: I think he works pretty good on solo lane right now, for the future i would still wish to see him as a viable support)

Greetings from europe

Mogram

Peligrad

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
**** I was gonna try this. Now I don't feel special.
I said malady was gonna be strong on him when he was first mentioned...before he was on beta...