Thresh First Impressions and Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
I call 2/1/11 wrecking
Still watching? lol

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Right now Xpecial is 0/3 in ranked on Thresh. He actually won a normal, but you'd hope the support for TSM would win a normal lol. We can all theory craft as much as we want, but to me, Xpecial's match history says it all. 0/3 in ranked.

CerealBoxOfDoom

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Right now Xpecial is 0/3 in ranked on Thresh. He actually won a normal, but you'd hope the support for TSM would win a normal lol. We can all theory craft as much as we want, but to me, Xpecial's match history says it all. 0/3 in ranked.
predicted this hurrhurr

Crimson5pheonix

01-23-2013

Quote:
Still watching? lol
Yeah, their team fell apart. And that invincible TF O.o

TheBladeX

01-23-2013

Seems OP to me. He's kind of like the support version of ori, very versatile but u actually have to have some skill to use him correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazman84 View Post
I think he is great!

Only problem is the fact his auto attack has a higher range than his E.

On paper this isn't true. As his autoattack is listed as 475 range and his E as 550 range

The thing is however, autoattacks will fire from your hitbox to an enemy's hitbox, while point blank/skillshot/AoE abilities fire from your exact position and will hit your enemy's hitbox.
In order to hit your target with your E, you need to be inside your maximum range, this is very annoying.

I would like to see his E range raised to around 600 to allow his E to land on a target at max range of his autoattack.
This is absolutely true though. it's so hard to use his e with the hitbox going less far than his autoattack.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson5pheonix View Post
Yeah, their team fell apart. And that invincible TF O.o
Yea Nidalee was a joke and that Riven was cleaning house. Certainly not his fault for the loss, but just watching him in the hands of a pro, you can clearly see he is mediocre champion. I bet Xpecial is happy to be on Lulu this round lol.

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBladeX View Post
Seems OP to me. He's kind of like the support version of ori, very versatile but u actually have to have some skill to use him correctly.

This is absolutely true though. it's so hard to use his e with the hitbox going less far than his autoattack.
This is true. His E does need a slight increase in range. Though I think it was intended this way. I think they want you to utilise the leap to target on his Q more.

Crimson5pheonix

01-23-2013

Quote:
Yea Nidalee was a joke and that Riven was cleaning house. Certainly not his fault for the loss, but just watching him in the hands of a pro, you can clearly see he is mediocre champion. I bet Xpecial is happy to be on Lulu this round lol.
That Nidalee had a fully stacked tear for forever and a day. But I have no idea what you're talking about, he beat bottom lane hard and made every play for his team like he should have. His team just couldn't follow through with it. I saw Thresh being played well and it was glorious.

Wuuthrad

01-23-2013

4/5/20 Support Thresh

7/2/10 On-Hit Thresh (I was letting the Nidalee get most of the kills)

Thresh excels at not letting enemies escape. At all.

A long range pull, a short range pull, and a 99% slow are just too good to pass up. Best of all, his pull is on a 10 second cd when built properly.

Also, his Q + W combo is outrageously strong.

Throw the lantern to your tank and Q into the enemy team. If the tank follows up, a likely ace will follow.

Thresh's kit is VERY strong for a support.

He can go for a kill lane with slows and pulls.
He can go for a poke lane with the high amounts of damage from his Q passive.
He can go for a sustain lane with the shield that can get mates out of danger.

I am expecting that he will be a common ban in solo-queue with the presence he has the entire game.
IF the pro's get really good at using his lantern, I wouldn't be surprised to see him be a pick or ban in tourneys.

My two cents.

Ashlea

01-23-2013

I'm positive I must be building him wrong, I'm definitely doing something wrong. Both the games I played him in I fed so hard. I tried building armour (though in both I didn't really have enough gold to get very far), but I just couldn't take damage. Enemy Blitz would pull me and I was destroyed in under a second at every level. My E and Ult were useless both matches because I couldn't take damage despite my armour from souls + items, if I ever got anywhere near close enough to use either skill I was instantly destroyed.

Also, no one clicks the goddamn lantern. Both games at the start I asked "you all know how my lantern works right?" and everyone said yes, and not a single person clicked it to save themselves the whole game. So many times it would've turned teamfights around, but nope.

Thresh is a good idea, and I really like him, I'm sure he'll be a lot more fun for me when I can figure out how to build him and not be a tasty snack for the enemy. I love the support role, and generally I'm good at it, but I'm utterly useless as Thresh. I can't grab anyone because they stumble a couple steps closer and then run away. I can't slow or pull them in with my E because they just destroy me if I get that close. Ult? Good luck, I'm dead the second it goes up.