Thresh First Impressions and Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gomethegnome

01-23-2013

If you cant evade his Q while you arent being cced or blocked then your a complete noob that have no skill or you felt like afking at your tower its so easy to evade because the charge up time is complete bs and you can even see when he uses it too but i doubt many people know that so once they figure it will be even harder to land pretty lame the ap ratios are also awfull and did they change his passive to only give armor instead of magic resist armor and ap? or was it always like that

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheOrder View Post
No, I'm not. His two most interesting abilities are not good enough. I'll play blitz and actually control the way combat goes until Thresh is fixed. Or Nautilus.

His W is obviously interesting and useful, but doesn't do anything to any enemy. That's cool and all, but it's his only great ability as well. One that doesn't hurt or buff, just helps escape.

My game MAY be glitched, but his E doesn't slow for me. I'm pretty sure it should.

You can defend him all you want man, and yes, his Q may help SOMETIMES, but that isn't enough to make him playable. People will play Nautilus, or Blitz instead.

PLEASE understand what I'm saying is bad about him. Not his whole character. JUST his Q and E. Which is enough to make him not worth playing. He doesn't do much damage, so his abilities NEED to be effective enough to counter
His Q damages (which becomes even more potent if you havent attacked for a while) stops them dead in place and yanks them twice, a few feet each time. Activating Q again will make you leap to the enemy which then lets you E and R. You can also W to pull an ally in with you.

His W not only pulls an ally to your location (doing so with a huge range and can use over walls and any obsticals) but also applies a shield to you and your ally/allies if the walk near/over it. Huge teamplay potential in this ability alone.

His E is a great farming tool which also knocks enemies back or towards you.

And his R is a masterpiece which can be a game changer in teamfights. Good damage output and a 99% slow. Yes please.

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomethegnome View Post
If you cant evade his Q while you arent being cced or blocked then your a complete noob that have no skill or you felt like afking at your tower its so easy to evade because the charge up time is complete bs and you can even see when he uses it too but i doubt many people know that so once they figure it will be even harder to land pretty lame the ap ratios are also awfull and did they change his passive to only give armor instead of magic resist armor and ap? or was it always like that
Its been like that for awhile now. It was deemed a little too much that the passive was giving all those stats.

MasterOfTheOrder

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
I kind of want to know why people post on their smurfs.

I would like to know that as well. Lol you guys are going to turn this into, "hes a new player he doesnt know what hes talking about"

Give it a month. Then come back and tell me how amazing Thresh is.

Crimson5pheonix

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
Lol watching the same game and watched the last 3. I wouldnt say he is wrecking, but certainly better than the last 2 lol.
I call 2/1/11 wrecking

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
I would like to know that as well. Lol you guys are going to turn this into, "hes a new player he doesnt know what hes talking about"

Give it a month. Then come back and tell me how amazing Thresh is.
Sure? Its not like preceding new champions haven't gotten this treatment before.

MasterOfTheOrder

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Mischief View Post
His Q damages (which becomes even more potent if you havent attacked for a while) stops them dead in place and yanks them twice, a few feet each time. Activating Q again will make you leap to the enemy which then lets you E and R. You can also W to pull an ally in with you.

His W not only pulls an ally to your location (doing so with a huge range and can use over walls and any obsticals) but also applies a shield to you and your ally/allies if the walk near/over it. Huge teamplay potential in this ability alone.

His E is a great farming tool which also knocks enemies back or towards you.

And his R is a masterpiece which can be a game changer in teamfights. Good damage output and a 99% slow. Yes please.

His R is absolutely magical in team fights as it has nice damage and a 99% slow. This ability is a damn game changer.

There is nothing wrong with his W, or his R. His Q and E need to be tweaked. For **** sake, his auto attack has longer range than his E.

MasterOfTheOrder

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Sure? Its not like preceding new champions haven't gotten this treatment before.
You're right. It's not like Vi and Nami are sub-par, right? Oh no, they are OP and just so amazing.

=/

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
You're right. It's not like Vi and Nami are sub-par, right? Oh no, they are OP and just so amazing.

=/
Jayce, Talon and Zed on release got flak for being terrible. What's your point?

Crimson5pheonix

01-23-2013

Quote:

=/
They're both quite good at what they do. I think they're great :\