Thresh First Impressions and Discussion

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

He sucks. No real way around it. I know people like to defend new champs, even claim they are OP in most cases, but this champ is a joke. High skill champ with very little reward for the difficulty. I imagine he could ult combo quite well with MF, Katarina, even Ori, but I'd rather use Amumu or even jarvan for the same result. I'd like to try him as a top lane bruiser, but as a support he is meh. Give me Taric, Lulu, or Nunu over this guy any day. He is the new Nami. Neat, fun, and offers a lot if played well, but can't compare to other supports. Riot has screwed us three times now. Vi...junk...Nami...junk...Thresh....junk...

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Was it a Soulreaver Draven? Because that seems to be the trend right now lol.
Nope. But I know darn sure he wouldnt of gotten any kills while laning w/o my shield and Q

MasterOfTheOrder

01-23-2013

I really liked the concept of Thresh, but he's really bad. I'm so disappointed I can't tell you.

His Q doesn't bring them to you, only half way.
His W is ok.
His E BARELY moves them. It's so useless I'm sad.
His ult is ok.

I don't really care that he doesn't do a lot of damage. He isn't supposed to. He's supposed to take a lot of damage, and move the enemies around so his teammates can kill them.

The problem is he doesn't move them around in a way that helps. He just nudges them along, once every 15 secs.

His Q takes too long to hit the target. If they aren't in the middle of the trail of the chain, they can just run away even when it's coming right at them.

Again, everything about his E is awful. Bad affected area, bad repositioning, bad damage. Doesn't even slow.

Riot, I'm not really a big complainer, but I'm very sad about this guy. You had me really excited to play support and move my enemies around. He barely does that. Please, patch his abilities. He doesn't need to do more damage. He doesn't need to take less. He doesn't need to move faster. His abilities need to be more effective. Otherwise, even with pros, hes isn't viable. At all.

I would be SO happy if you made him useful. I would play him a lot.

Jazman84

01-23-2013

I think he is great!

Only problem is the fact his auto attack has a higher range than his E.

On paper this isn't true. As his autoattack is listed as 475 range and his E as 550 range

The thing is however, autoattacks will fire from your hitbox to an enemy's hitbox, while point blank/skillshot/AoE abilities fire from your exact position and will hit your enemy's hitbox.
In order to hit your target with your E, you need to be inside your maximum range, this is very annoying.

I would like to see his E range raised to around 600 to allow his E to land on a target at max range of his autoattack.

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpyloser View Post
He sucks. No real way around it. I know people like to defend new champs, even claim they are OP in most cases, but this champ is a joke. High skill champ with very little reward for the difficulty. I imagine he could ult combo quite well with MF, Katarina, even Ori, but I'd rather use Amumu or even jarvan for the same result. I'd like to try him as a top lane bruiser, but as a support he is meh. Give me Taric, Lulu, or Nunu over this guy any day. He is the new Nami. Neat, fun, and offers a lot if played well, but can't compare to other supports. Riot has screwed us three times now. Vi...junk...Nami...junk...Thresh....junk...
Ok son Too hard for you.

My opinion is exactly opposite to this. Playing bad? Playing wrong.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Mischief View Post
Ok son Too hard for you.

My opinion is exactly opposite to this. Playing bad? Playing wrong.
Son? I'm 35 years old, you might be my daddy for all I know, but if so, how old are you?
Like I said, people like to defend new champions. He's fun. I'll give him that.

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfTheOrder View Post
I really liked the concept of Thresh, but he's really bad. I'm so disappointed I can't tell you.

His Q doesn't bring them to you, only half way.
His W is ok.
His E BARELY moves them. It's so useless I'm sad.
His ult is ok.

I don't really care that he doesn't do a lot of damage. He isn't supposed to. He's supposed to take a lot of damage, and move the enemies around so his teammates can kill them.

The problem is he doesn't move them around in a way that helps. He just nudges them along, once every 15 secs.

His Q takes too long to hit the target. If they aren't in the middle of the trail of the chain, they can just run away even when it's coming right at them.

Again, everything about his E is awful. Bad affected area, bad repositioning, bad damage. Doesn't even slow.

Riot, I'm not really a big complainer, but I'm very sad about this guy. You had me really excited to play support and move my enemies around. He barely does that. Please, patch his abilities. He doesn't need to do more damage. He doesn't need to take less. He doesn't need to move faster. His abilities need to be more effective. Otherwise, even with pros, hes isn't viable. At all.

I would be SO happy if you made him useful. I would play him a lot.

I'm sorry, but you're so wrong

SethCypher

01-23-2013

Quote:
Son? I'm 35 years old, you might be my daddy for all I know, but if so, how old are you?
And people like to bash on a champion as soon as they're released, what's new? What you're doing and what they're doing is no different.

iPrecision

01-23-2013

Thresh from what it seems is specifically meant for teams with voice communication. Then thresh can do his job and do it well.

Purple Mischief

01-23-2013

Quote:

His utility is deady when used with the team. He is so disruptive its unreal, his ratios NEED to be lower because of his kit. Im playing him in ranked already, and he dominates the lane phase.

You just arent playing him as intended play some more games. Tanky is the best option. Feed your team, and then come back when you have an opinion based off of experience with the champion. Obviously, the same can be said of me. But so far, all ive had from the enemy teams is hard QQ

123456 ... 8