@ RIOT Gankplank buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ggbey

01-21-2013

So, i remember when gankplank was OP, then he got nerf, nerf, nerf... Its fine but now no more Darien on GP, or xpeke on GP...

Idea to buff him:
-He got the worst health regen in the game: 4.25 (+0.75) (i know he got a heal, but kayle got a heal to... and she had 7.0 (+0.75)

- He sould have no slow animation when he cast ''E'' (raise morale) and no animation when he crits... actually he lost 0,6 seconds when he cast the gun animation to crits with autoattack...

- Raise morale should got cooldown reduction when u level it (20 seconds in all rank)

I'm not asking to hard buff GP... just to fix him to saw him back in the competition....

Cretinok

01-21-2013

He's currently not in the best spot.

However, as funny as it is, I've seen GP used rather effectively as a Support. The gold he gets from Parley is nothing to laugh at. I wish I had some screens but I've seen GP Support with less CS than anyone on team but with by far the most gold.

ggbey

01-21-2013

ya.. but he should be able to top lane.. and to jungle correctly.

ggbey

01-21-2013

or maybe the problem is so much champions are op atm...

Dthehunter

01-21-2013

Quote:
No! This is not the problem. GP was nerfed into the ground and has yet to get back to a truly viable state.

ggbey

01-21-2013

ya.. anyway riot just release champions every 2 week... they should focus to balanced the game ...

Dthehunter

01-21-2013

Quote:
ya.. anyway riot just release champions every 2 week... they should focus to balanced the game ...
Can't argue you there.

Wrath of Sekhmet

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthehunter View Post
No! This is not the problem. GP was nerfed into the ground and has yet to get back to a truly viable state.
That's not the problem so much as his overall design's obsolescence. He was designed as a melee carry, but melee carries no longer have a place in the game. He can be improvised as a bruiser, but his kit gets in the way: no gap closer, no escape, no shield, no hard cc, and skills that help teammates and influence team fights but which are almost useless in 1v1 fights.

Raise Morale would be a half decent gap closer/escape skill if you didn't pause for a second every time you use it, and Remove Scurvy would be much more helpful if not for the same problem. By the time you get the skill off, they've either caught and killed you or escaped, depending on the situation.

DesertFox

01-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nouNou View Post
Name one. There isn't a single champion that is uncounterable, only ones that are just designed to fulfill a role efficiently. However, underpowered champions is a whole other story. They nerfed non-mana APs; Vladmir, Rumble, Kennen, Mordekaiser into the ground, while they made AD casters dominate where as adcs/casters.become obsolete.

TealNinje

01-22-2013

Why is it that when I play AP Gangplank, I don't suffer from any of the situations you people describe?

The only thing I suffer from as AP Gangplank is teammates who refuse to take the game even remotely seriously, thinking it's entirely a troll game just because I happened to choose AP Gangplank (who does a great deal of magic damage, despite what everyone wants to claim.) If you can match AP GP up with someone who specializes in keeping the enemy in one spot, he is amazing.