Are late game hypercarries viable in solo queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Torpidbunny

01-23-2013

So I am still pretty new and I've been playing for a few months now and I am nearing lvl 30.
So far I like league.
I am thinking of maining AD or ADC. I already have ez cait and graves and trist. I can play to a decent level with Caitlyn and somewhat ok with ez. I know that vayne has a horrible early game and so does Kog'maw. Are these champs (Vayne and Kog'maw) viable in solo queue? Also how does one deal with the bruiser and adc going bot. I got destroyed by a vayne and vi bot.

Tucking Sits

01-23-2013

Hyper carries are viable, but they are harder to use in solo queue because they require more communication and teamwork to be effective early-mid game than a carry like Ezrael does.

Torpidbunny

01-23-2013

ok thanks

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Yes. That said, I encourage you to avoid jumping into ranked(assuming that's what you meant by solo-queue, since I assume you're already playing soloqueue normals) as soon as you hit 30. Take some time to increase your champion pool, rune pages, skills across all lanes and game phases, and most importantly, experience.

It's your choice, of course, but odds are if you play ranked as soon as you reach 30, you'll do the same thing I did - nosedive down to 750 ELO(or worse).

Jacob Grimm

01-23-2013

Do not play ranked with the idea in your head that you are going to play "X" role. There are five slots and more often than not your slot determines you role. If you arn't comfortable with all of the roles from jungle to support, hold off playing ranked. I also suggest you get comfortable (notice I don't say good) with at least two champions in each roll, check LoL King to see who's being banned so you don't identically get a favorite champ like Shen (who's banned in nearly every ranked game).

Darth Starkiller

01-23-2013

Hypercarries are like Junglers: they are rarely super effective early game (unlike lesser Carries and Counterjunglers), but have phenomenal late game potential. They are quite viable, but generally at higher Elos/League Divisions. The simple fact of the matter is that in lower Elos players are too aggressive for Hypercarries or late-game Junglers (I'm looking at you, Warwick!) to do well; they push constantly, thinking that early game kills and towers are the most important goals, instead of securing their lane and managing their farm effectively.