@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1103f4be64bc07

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Starling View Post
@Morello

how do you feel about Fiora completely missing her theme, flavor, and general mark as a supposed "master duelist" in that she loses 90% of her top lane matchups, which is essentially a dueling lane?

Compared to, say, Darius, who completely wrecks people 1v1

Why isn't Fiora a 1v1 wrecking machine? That's supposed to be her whole character, but it turns out to be furthest from the truth. Any plans to actually step her more in line with her theme?

Blocking on-hits would help against, what, 5% of her matchups? What about the rest?
True, Morello. This is just sad.

FoxMindedGuy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo Starling View Post
@Morello

how do you feel about Fiora completely missing her theme, flavor, and general mark as a supposed "master duelist" in that she loses 90% of her top lane matchups, which is essentially a dueling lane?

Compared to, say, Darius, who completely wrecks people 1v1

Why isn't Fiora a 1v1 wrecking machine? That's supposed to be her whole character, but it turns out to be furthest from the truth. Any plans to actually step her more in line with her theme?

Blocking on-hits would help against, what, 5% of her matchups? What about the rest?
OMG this! She needs a better passive and QOL buffs to E and a less-punishing ultimate (on stranded opponents).

HgHgraV

01-24-2013

W buffs are huge and I appreciate the concern, Morello.

Personally, I think her Lunge needs even more help. If you're not going to let it be a skillshot so that it has more uses -which is not needed, as I like her being a full offense kinda champ- then at least cut a couple of seconds off of it.

Hell, if you succesfully parry an AA, her Q cd could be reduced for 2-3 seconds or so.

Wouldn't that be fun? Wouldn't she FEEL like a duelist, chaining Ripostes, counter attacking with lunges? Hell, wouldn't she just be more fun, mechanically and thematically?

Dat Fiora

01-24-2013

As a person who mains fiora 1900+ elo, I think she is fine the way she is. I believe slight tweaks to her can make her incredibly op. I think she has a high skill cap, but once she is mastered it will be highly rewarded.

With season 3 items such as hydra, I believe she is much much more viable as a champ, especially as an ad mid. She has insane burst, and contrary to the popular belief, I have not lost to any jax 1v1. People always say "oh that jax must be really bad then" but parry does wonders, you have to play smart.

She is underplayed, but I find that to be a good thing for us fiora players .

Memorylame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

funny...I raged the first few times I tried her because I just couldn't seem to Fiora right...now ironically i feel more comfortable with her then any champ in the jungle...idk it just feels like she is extremely strong and people just don't know about it...I am horrible at this game also so the fact that I can consistantly Fiora well should say something like 'if someone with actual skill learned this champ she could be everywhere suddenly'...idc if you dv me this thread has ironic timing because me and my buds were just discussing this last night and I had my jungling buddy almost agreeing with me..

Noxian Mercenary

01-24-2013

I'm glad to see you're addressing Fiora, as I love her potential. Riposte always bothered me in that Gankplank would still get a free damage/slow through Parrrley.

If anything, it would be really neat to see if you could shift the bonus attack damage from Riposte to another one of her skills. Currently you have to choose between three things; Burst, DPS, or the CD on Riposte + AD. Her playstyle necessitates attack speed and movement speed, her kite-ability relies on her Lunge, and her auto-attack style makes AD a must-have. While having the choice is nice, it feels kind of like "Damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Duriel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Why not change Fiora's Parry to just be better to use overall? The cooldown is too high for it to actually mitigate any significant amount of damage.

Here's some ideas to 'fix' her parry.

Quote:
1: Parry cooldown becomes shorter for every successful blocked attack

Would work similar to Hecarim's Q
Quote:
2: Parry cooldown becomes shorter by a % or flat amount according to how shortly the buff lasted before it was triggered.

This would separate good Fiora Parries from bad Fiora Parries, because the faster you react to an attack and Parry it, the sooner you'd get your next.
Quote:
3: Have it scale like Jayce's ranged W, except reflect 75/85/95/105/115% (tentative) of the damage taken from the attack

Then she'd actually have some reliable burst without her ult, which is so very easy to cancel out entirely.
Quote:
Extra ideas, separate, not all together-

1: Slow, stun or blind the target of the attack you parried.
2: Successful Parry reduces the cooldown of her ultimate.
3: Remove flat AD from Parry, every successful Parry grants Fiora bonus AD
4: Make Parry have no mana cost
These are just ideas, but I personally feel that her Parry is probably the least 'fun' spell in her kit. It doesn't feel rewarding because it doesn't scale off of your main stat and doesn't do anything remarkable except (magic) damage.

In my opinion, it shouldn't scale with AD/AP, or anything at all, and instead should scale off the amount of damage your enemies do.
If it were to do this, say you got fed, and they weren't hitting you for much, the spell in turn wouldn't be that much better.
But if they're ahead, you have the ability to counterplay and possibly create a lead.

I wouldn't be against you guys remaking her to be manaless.

Desastrado

01-24-2013

How about changing the passive ad bonus to her E. Add bonus armor to W.
Make her W block 100% of the damage, including the on hit stuff.
Make the damage sent back from W be based on how much damage the attacker did along with a base stat.

This way you can choose if you want to be aggressive and level E or be more safe and level W.

BTY Siggan

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It would only apply to auto-attack modifiers. On-next-hits, steroids, on-hits, etc.

It would not apply to spells (even physical damage spells) like Pantheon's Spear Shot or Olaf's Undertow.
How come she's blocking a bullet from Gangplanks Parrrley though? She can deflect bullets but not spears? :P

Duriel

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTY Siggan View Post
How come she's blocking a bullet from Gangplanks Parrrley though? She can deflect bullets but not spears? :P
because gp q is an onhit