@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent109

Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
This may have been asked but maybe I missed it, if you don't intend it to apply to Panth's Spear Shot why do you let it work on GP's Parrley?
Amazing point! I thought the same. @ Morello: His spear acts as physical attack and so does GP's parrley and MF's Double up. Maybe the spear needs to be changed to a different type of hit, cause looks totally "Parrie-able" The attack moves like GP's Parley, it's not a skill shot like Nidalee's Spear which I think shouldn't be parried. Pantheons Spear follows the target and turns if the target turns and will eventually hit the target. That sounds like a Parrley in the shape of a stick to me. (Don't meant to sound aggressive or upset Morello, but it's a point that should be brought up :L)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaowy

Junior Member

02-05-2013

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent109

Member

02-05-2013

Omw, I don't mean to spam, but...
Bump!
Please read the first page Morello! He updated with added quotes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emmeria

Junior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent109 View Post
Amazing point! I thought the same. @ Morello: His spear acts as physical attack and so does GP's parrley and MF's Double up. Maybe the spear needs to be changed to a different type of hit, cause looks totally "Parrie-able" The attack moves like GP's Parley, it's not a skill shot like Nidalee's Spear which I think shouldn't be parried. Pantheons Spear follows the target and turns if the target turns and will eventually hit the target. That sounds like a Parrley in the shape of a stick to me. (Don't meant to sound aggressive or upset Morello, but it's a point that should be brought up :L)
In simple terms, because Pantheon's spear does not proc on-hit effects. Fiora's Riposte only deflects autoattacks and autoattack alikes, such as Parrley and Double Up, things that essentially function as autoattacks. Pantheon's spear does not proc Phage/Frozen Mallet, does not proc lifesteal, et cetera. Thus, it would not proc Fiora's Riposte.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent109

Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeria View Post
In simple terms, because Pantheon's spear does not proc on-hit effects. Fiora's Riposte only deflects autoattacks and autoattack alikes, such as Parrley and Double Up, things that essentially function as autoattacks. Pantheon's spear does not proc Phage/Frozen Mallet, does not proc lifesteal, et cetera. Thus, it would not proc Fiora's Riposte.
I know it doesn't, and I know why. But because the items looks the way it does and how it acts like Parrley. you would assume that if you didn't know it's specific structure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SouL1ess

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhart View Post
This may have been asked but maybe I missed it, if you don't intend it to apply to Panth's Spear Shot why do you let it work on GP's Parrley?
Because Spear Shot does not apply on-hit effects. I don't understand the "critical chance" of spear shot, but it is not connected to the on-hit loop of effects, so it isn't blocked by Riposte.
Parrley goes through critical strike as a specific on-attack loop, then goes through a on-hit loop.
Riposte block is checked on the on-hit loop, so Parrley can be blocked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emmeria

Junior Member

02-07-2013

I have a feeling like we should stop talking about Pantheon's spear shot if we don't want to sound like a broken record.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent109

Member

02-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmeria View Post
I have a feeling like we should stop talking about Pantheon's spear shot if we don't want to sound like a broken record.
Agreed. Lol! Fiora's entire kit could use an upgrade.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KotlettDrake

Senior Member

02-08-2013

2 weeks still no riposte change, Morello why?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Agent109

Member

02-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotlettDrake View Post
2 weeks still no riposte change, Morello why?
I'm sure Morello might come back here, I hope! D: