@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoreBaked

01-24-2013

Before people down vote me for using other games (HoN and DOTA) as an example just watch and listen for a second.
First, when I first played fiora her riposte i think it is called I first thought "Wow this is really similar to Bubbles and Puck"
Here are two videos to show what I'm talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgMiJ0C7DXo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UgkiGdRkys

Now what you see happening in these videos is what the skill does is when activated for a very very brief window they are able to avoid all damage. Now this might sound OP but it takes intense timing to dodge some of these things such as instant cast skills and that sort of stuff. while I don't think fiora needs to have id avoid ALL damage, I think it would be good for it to be anything that does physical damage.
The drawback to this is the cool down is not short and the window of time you avoid damage is short so activating too soon and it stops nothing, Activate too late and you just took a whole ton of damage.

Another drawback is that this is a channeled spell (only like .5-1 second long i believe maybe shorter) so during it the champion is unable to do anything.

Now for an example of how it would work, Pantheon throws his spear and just before it hits Fiora she uses riposte and then cancels it (after the spear it) and continues to do what she does. I think if it was made like this after adjusting the mana cost (cant remember if she had mana) damage (if its decided to keep the reflect), cool down and duration to balance it with the pacing of League it will improve her viability greatly,

After this change while she would be strong against physical tops she would be countered by magic users. As well as changing riposte from basically a skill you spam as much as you can in a fight to pretty much a skill"Dodge" like a skill shot in that its useless in the wrong hands but can be a powerful tool for those that know how to take advantage of it.

I can continue to elaborate but Im just typing as I think of this so Ill add to it as opinions come in.

Skilliard

01-24-2013

lol no, she's op. Her ult can basically one shot the whole enemy team, and you want buffs? How about no...

BillyBoss

01-24-2013

I really like these ideas, but hopefully she won't be buffed too much all at once. I'd rather her be a mediocre pick than having to deal with an overpowered melee carry that was an aoe damage ultimate.

Sir Cutchry

01-24-2013

I feel this will give fiora a major top lane advantage. Blocking things like yoricks q, jayces e, passive and Darius's w will not only block a lot of those champs main damage but also a lot of cc they rely on in fights. I don't necessarily disagree with the change since it will require some skill to dodge it properly. It'll be interesting to hear exactly how things work out.

crispymelonbread

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skillmaster19 View Post
lol no, she's op. Her ult can basically one shot the whole enemy team, and you want buffs? How about no...
How? Even at full item build I don't think you can do this unless you're 6 levels ahead or something retarded.

BedBatmanBeyond

01-24-2013

As a foil fencer I fully support any changes that make Fiora more fun to play.

FoxMindedGuy

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreBaked View Post
First, when I first played fiora her riposte i think it is called I first thought "Wow this is really similar to Bubbles and Puck"
Fizz's Playful / Trickster is more similar to Bubbles's Take Cover than Fiora's Riposte. It is actually a mix of Bubble's Q and E combined.

thresholden

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBoss View Post
I really like these ideas, but hopefully she won't be buffed too much all at once. I'd rather her be a mediocre pick than having to deal with an overpowered melee carry that was an aoe damage ultimate.
That will probably never happen with Fiora. She's a squishy melee with no cc and no escapes. Unless Riot gives her something absurd, its relatively easy to counter her with hard cc.

Zidanic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Can you make her ult give vision, it won't change any of her power it will just mean it wont be cancelled by people walking into a bush.

Lunais

01-24-2013

bump