@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EyeBeMostHated

01-24-2013

**** Fiora.

MechaMacster

01-24-2013

could this be implemented for others as well? specifically (i know I'll get flamed for this) Teemo's blind blocks autoattacks, but on hit effects still trigger on him. that personally doesn't seem right. examples are Jax, vayne, etc...

KotlettDrake

01-24-2013

KotlettDrake

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMacster View Post
could this be implemented for others as well? specifically (i know I'll get flamed for this) Teemo's blind blocks autoattacks, but on hit effects still trigger on him. that personally doesn't seem right. examples are Jax, vayne, etc...
screw teemo

Camudaki NA

01-24-2013

Hey Morello.

I've just spent the last hour powerleveling an NA account in vs AI to level 5 so I could post in this thread.

My summoner name is Camudaki from EU West and my main and best ADC bot lane is Fiora.

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/...0#ranked-stats

Background about my playstyle: I've played for a few years now, I mainly play normal draft, I exclusively use locked camera + mousedragging the minimap and I only play melee champions regardless of role. These are all preference choice, I can play ranged auto attack champions, but simply do not enjoy them. My map awareness and other general skills are not hindered by my choices.

Anyway, back to Fiora.

Whenever people mention Melee carries, it's always that they feel underpowered compared to their ranged counterparts. Considering two of the three melee carries currently in the game were designed years ago, it's understandable their kits arent perfectly suited to their intended role.

Fiora however is the exception to this. I firmly believe she is a viable and extremely underappretiated melee carry/assassin hybrid, and if you are considering buffing her, to please be careful about it.

In bot lane her passive and Riposte make her a deceptively strong farmer. Being able to simultaniously last hit, self sustain and throw enemy harrass back allows Fiora to wittle down her foes without needing to jump them. Once she reaches 6 she is a big threat to most traditional ranged carries, this becomes twofold when she gets herself a tiamat.

Her kit allows her to do some pretty amasing things. While she obviously cannot bring decent poke to a team, she more than makes up for it in raw power which can be very difficult to lock down.

She outright destroys Ezreal at the moment. With a double lunge, a move that can deflect his entire mystic shot, and an ult that cannot be easily stopped or escaped. Her burst, sustained and AOE damage is destructive if she is left unchecked for a few seconds and she's tricky to lock down if she has her ult up.

Of course she also has her downsides. With no CC or escapes in her kit, she is very much a commiter who needs to judge whether she can win a fight before it starts. This is where your beautiful support comes in to cover those weaknesses. I've found she works well with almost any support.

Fiora's kit works perfectly in bot lane as a melee carry. The hardest part of the game in my personal experiance is convincing the rest of your team that you're being legit in champ select.

The point to all this is: Don't go too far trying to buff her into top lane viability. If you make her strong enough to beat bruisers, she will become a monster in other roles.

Fiora has clearly defined strengths and weaknesses in my opinion. She is certainly not a uselss champion, melee carries simply have a higher skillcap in that you need to know when to go in and dish out the pain.

Multi

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We had a version of this in PBE that we dialed back on, but I think there's a middle ground that's right. Being more distinct is big here, too.
Because a champion being able to block a turret would be OP. .... .... :V

On a COMPLETELY different note, it sure would be nice to be able to parry pantheon spears.

Angry juju

01-24-2013

Fiora doesn't need buffs...

If anyone seriously thinks that Fiora is "OMG OLD EVE LEVEL UNDERPOWERED" then maybe they should just try to get better at the game.

Team SoloFeed

01-24-2013

To add to the fencer "fantasy" if you will, after a riposte is usually when the opponent is ripe for a counter-attack. Since Nocturne and Sivir both get buffs when using their spell shield successfully, maybe Fiora could receive something similar (instead of reflecting magic damage back to the attacker ~ wtf?), such as one of the following:

Upon successfully parrying an attack:

a) the target's armor is automatically lowered by a percent.

b) Fiora's next basic attack/Lunge does bonus damage/lowers her target's armor. (It can't be a temporary boost to pure attack damage on top of the passive, because then it would be strictly better than Yi's E)

Also, I think her passive needs a small buff (like 2-3 health regen per sec, would help her jungling)

Team SoloFeed

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry juju View Post
Fiora doesn't need buffs...

If anyone seriously thinks that Fiora is "OMG OLD EVE LEVEL UNDERPOWERED" then maybe they should just try to get better at the game.
She does less damage than Darius and is squishier, has less CC too. :P

Twin Royal

01-24-2013

Hey Morello,

While you've been looking at Fiora's W, have you looked at some other things in her kit? For example, how do you feel about her rather weak passive, her lack of any crowd control and her lack of an escape despite being an assassin (especially as a melee champion). Do you guys plan on changing any of these things in the near future? If not, would you mind giving me your thoughts on these things? I know you probably can't give out many details, but any sort of response would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.